Bilas picks Pitt | Syracusefan.com

Bilas picks Pitt

Knew I would find this thread

and he picked

Also to note... this was on PTI last night. They had run out of time but TK asked wilbon who he had...

Wilbon gave him the "are you kidding me face" and said Cuse.

Also... not sure if it was noted on the other side - but the show after PTI was a college football show - the analyst had his top 5 breakout players for 2014. T Hunt was on his list.

Bilas is dead to me, DEAD. I will never speak of him again, I will not listen to what he says or read what he writes, EVER EVER AGAIN!!!

Until he says something else good about Syracuse. Can someone please let me know when that happens?

I bet the refs have already retired their whistles for the day.

Pitt plays such a clean game. That said, I'm sure that almost all of their moving screens and over the back violations will be called by the refs.

Bilas is dead to me, DEAD. I will never speak of him again, I will not listen to what he says or read what he writes, EVER EVER AGAIN!!!

Until he says something else good about Syracuse. Can someone please let me know when that happens?

it will be the next time he mentions Syracuse.

I can't dislike Bilas ever since we met him and Digger at the Sheraton club level bar the night before the 34,616 Nova game and he just ripped on Digger for 20 minutes.

It was everything we could have wanted and more.

Bilas loves JB and Cuse. He's just ribbing JB a little bit...

I think Bilas is pro-Cuse. He is always very complimentary of JB and has talked up Tyler Ennis on several of his play by play on other games. I just think he knows the history and how Jamie Dixon knows how to play us and to some degree undefeated teams tend to lose a big game this time of year.

You can't fault Bilas for picking against us. He is the most pragmatic of all commentators and although he may point of a liability of a team from time to time he never makes derogatory or disparaging remarks about any player, coach, or team.

I would think that among those who frequent this board, if we were told that one and only one team would beat us this year during the regular season, the majority would pick Pittsburgh as being the team that could blemish our record.

Although I am anticipating a win today I also think that it is going to be a tough game replete with elevated pulse, blood pressure, and highly charged emotion.

I want this win sooooooooo... bad!

LGO!

From a basketball perspective it makes sense. Pitt has always had success under dixon carving up the zone and throwing a difficult to handle defensive gameplan at us. That track record alone makes it reasonable to pick them vs us regardless of venue. If we are to be truly special it will show in games where there is someone on the other side who knows exactly how to beat us.

That said I want this one bad too.

Bilas has started to take Cuse for granted. After we make his prediction look stupid, he'll appreciate us more.

I think Bilas is pro-Cuse. He is always very complimentary of JB and has talked up Tyler Ennis on several of his play by play on other games. I just think he knows the history and how Jamie Dixon knows how to play us and to some degree undefeated teams tend to lose a big game this time of year.
Agree 100%----- Pitt has won 14 games out of the last 19 !!!! In addition, Pitt has won 5 of the last 6 games at Syracuse !! --- Go Cuse !!!!

I love Bilas. He is fair and balanced, and quite rightly complimentary of Boeheim and Cuse over the past few years where others seemed to have a negative bias or some type of hidden agenda. Long live Bilas. Although he did get all fugazy on today's prediction.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom