Bill Belichik coaching tree | Syracusefan.com

Bill Belichik coaching tree

sufandu

Living Legend
So far former Belichik coordinators have had limited success as head coaches. Is former player Mike Vrabel gonna be the guy that ends up having the best success? Tennessee seems to be like New England in the way they change defenses from week to week and have stepped that up in the playoffs. They've been able to protect/hide Tannehill with Henry similar to the way New England protected Brady that first year. That team beat a St. Louis team nobody thought they had any business staying close to. And, similar to New England, they seem to do a great job of avoiding bulletin board material.

To be clear, I'm not suggesting Vrabel is Belichik. I know some people on here will want to distort things to that extreme.

Vrabel didn't coach under Belichick, did he?
No. As I said above, he is a former New England player. I think he was on 3 superbowl winning teams.

Correct he did not coach under him, but said he’s taken a lot of the same philosophy. Also Bill O’Brien isn’t great, but he still has a winning record...he’s not Mangini, Romeo, Weis or McDaniels.

Flores is a good coach as well.
Saban is the best coach from the Belichick tree.

Frank Maloney

Basically, the whole "coaching tree" thing is a way to give a well-known coach credit for something that they may have had little to do with.

Pete Carroll is part of the Kay Stephenson coaching tree.

Flores is a good coach as well.
Saban is the best coach from the Belichick tree.
When did Saban coach under Belichik, at Cleveland? I was mostly referring to guys that coached under him after he started having success in New England.

When did Saban coach under Belichik, at Cleveland? I was mostly referring to guys that coached under him after he started having success in New England.
Saban was with Belichick as his defensive coordinator in Cleveland.
He left Cleveland to take the Michigan State HC job.