Bill Bradley can't help Carmelo | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Bill Bradley can't help Carmelo

Republican and Democrat are meaningless terms used to describe two groups that don't really give a **** about any of us. If you want to self identify with your oppressors , knock your self out, I hear Stockholm is nice this time of year.

Uh-huh, OK. So stop and correct me when I'm wrong...

You have never voted for a Democratic nominee for President.
You voted for John McCain.
You voted for George W. Bush twice.
You voted for Bob Dole or Ross Perot.
You voted for George H.W. Bush or Ross Perot.
You voted for Ronald Reagan twice.

I don't know how old you are, so I won't go any further.

Uh-huh, OK. So stop and correct me when I'm wrong...

You have never voted for a Democratic nominee for President.
You voted for John McCain.
You voted for George W. Bush twice.
You voted for Bob Dole or Ross Perot.
You voted for George H.W. Bush or Ross Perot.
You voted for Ronald Reagan twice.

I don't know how old you are, so I won't go any further.

Out of that list, I voted for George W. once. Stupid me. I didn't make that mistake the second time. And I would have no issues voting for a Democrat for President if one was worthy. The problem is neither side is worthy. And isn't this best left on the OT board?

Out of that list, I voted for George W. once. Stupid me. I didn't make that mistake the second time. And I would have no issues voting for a Democrat for President if one was worthy. The problem is neither side is worthy. And isn't this best left on the OT board?

So, in other words, you've never voted for a Democrat for President.

So, in other words, you've never voted for a Democrat for President.

I have not. So what? I've barely voted for Republicans. The letter R or the letter D doesn't mean a thing when both sides are the same. Don't get butt-hurt because Bill Maher sucks and you think you're smart because you like him. Trying to label me a Republican because I don't like Bill Maher is weak sauce. Ooh, he's a (fill in the blank), get him, he's bad. Maher and all the other talking heads turn debates into shouting matches based on name-calling. And they use the same tired issues like racism and gay people to drive wedges between people. Rinse, Lather, Repeat. Every day, every channel until the "people" elect another "leader" who knows what's best for them.

And they use the same tired issues like racism and gay people to drive wedges between people.

I agree with you that sometimes Maher can be a little over-the-top with calling Republicans racist, but I don't see how gay rights is anywhere close to being a tired issue.

Admins, can we please move this to the OT board?

I have not. So what? I've barely voted for Republicans. The letter R or the letter D doesn't mean a thing when both sides are the same. Don't get butt-hurt because Bill Maher sucks and you think you're smart because you like him. Trying to label me a Republican because I don't like Bill Maher is weak sauce. Ooh, he's a (fill in the blank), get him, he's bad. Maher and all the other talking heads turn debates into shouting matches based on name-calling. And they use the same tired issues like racism and gay people to drive wedges between people. Rinse, Lather, Repeat. Every day, every channel until the "people" elect another "leader" who knows what's best for them.

It's obvious that you're Conservative or right-leaning or whatever label you've come up with to indicate that you're not a liberal. You're the one who said, "It's not even a left vs. right thing," when clearly it is. So don't get mad when someone calls you on it.

It's obvious that you're Conservative or right-leaning or whatever label you've come up with to indicate that you're not a liberal. You're the one who said, "It's not even a left vs. right thing," when clearly it is. So don't get mad when someone calls you on it.

Are you just dense? You're really disproving my point that Maher and company encourage labeling people.

Are you just dense? You're really disproving my point that Maher and company encourage labeling people.

That wasn't your original point. You only said that after I correctly identified you as a right-winger.

That wasn't your original point. You only said that after I correctly identified you as a right-winger.

It certainly was my original point. The only thing unclear in my first post was my Jon Stewart comment. It could have been clearer that I agree with Stewart's criticisms. I am not a right or left wing anything. Maher has trained you well, the hate is strong with you.

Maher's show has its flaws for sure. You cant just take what he says as the truth. BUT, there is real discussion on there sometimes when you get left and right leaning people on there. Now the audience just applaudes the democrats like trained seals, but for people that are actually listening to the points made by the panel, they often point out inaccruate bs coming forth from Maher's mouth. You just dont realize they did because the audience didnt clap.

It certainly was my original point. The only thing unclear in my first post was my Jon Stewart comment. It could have been clearer that I agree with Stewart's criticisms. I am not a right or left wing anything. Maher has trained you well, the hate is strong with you.

"It's status quo dogma for those who think they're edgy and informed."
"Don't get butt-hurt because Bill Maher sucks and you think you're smart because you like him."
"Are you just dense?"
"Maher has trained you well, the hate is strong with you."

What was that you were saying about labels and name-calling?

Now let's examine your original post:

"I watched Bill's show a couple weeks ago for the first time in years."
Nothing about Bill Maher and company encouraging labeling people there.

"It amazes me that people think his non-funny crap is intelligent punditry."
Nothing here either.

"It's not even a left vs. right thing, I don't even care about that."
Still nothing.

"His show, like Jon Stewart's criticisms of Crossfire, just drags down the entire debate no matter the issue."
This might be it, although I don't recall Stewart saying anything specifically about labels or name-calling.

"It's status quo dogma for those who think they're edgy and informed."
To re-iterate, you're the one doing the labeling here.

I watched Bill's show a couple weeks ago for the first time in years. It amazes me that people think his non-funny crap is intelligent punditry. It's not even a left vs. right thing, I don't even care about that. His show, like Jon Stewart's criticisms of Crossfire, just drags down the entire debate no matter the issue. It's status quo dogma for those who think they're edgy and informed.

It is hard to believe that you have seen Maher's show. He regularly gets far right wingers on his show so that there is an actual debate - rare on TV and almost completely abscent on radio. Some of the funniest and most intelligent TV going.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom