bill connelly game preview | Syracusefan.com

bill connelly game preview

Millhouse

Living Legend
http://www.sbnation.com/college-foo...12/2013-texas-bowl-preview-minnesota-syracuse

conclusion

This is a bit of an oversimplification, but on defense and in the running game, it appears Syracuse's ceiling is higher than Minnesota's. But the Gophers are the infinitely more steady team and are therefore the safe bet. Syracuse is volatile, Minnesota is consistent, and it wouldn't surprise me if this game were a blowout in either direction. The smart money is probably on the Gophers, but there's no such thing as smart money when Syracuse is involved.

Yhe smart money should go Gophers.

But Minny doesn't want to be there.

And the Orange grew a lot against BC.

I just have this feeling the Orange wins this game.

This is an extremely well written preview, I agree with almost all of it.

http://www.sbnation.com/college-foo...12/2013-texas-bowl-preview-minnesota-syracuse

conclusion

This is a bit of an oversimplification, but on defense and in the running game, it appears Syracuse's ceiling is higher than Minnesota's. But the Gophers are the infinitely more steady team and are therefore the safe bet. Syracuse is volatile, Minnesota is consistent, and it wouldn't surprise me if this game were a blowout in either direction. The smart money is probably on the Gophers, but there's no such thing as smart money when Syracuse is involved.

There are two keys to this game.

How the SU defense does on 1st down and Hunt and how McDonald uses him. If the game plan is like Pitt, yuck. If it's like BC, there is a real chance.

SU's offense has more upside in the pass game. Minnesota was ridiculous, and consistently, one dimensional.

Yhe smart money should go Gophers.

But Minny doesn't want to be there.

And the Orange grew a lot against BC.

I just have this feeling the Orange wins this game.
it's a boring opinion but i think it's a coin flip. SU's volatility has a lot to do with who they played. FSU, Clemson. GT was a disaster but they're a volatile team themselves. Even thought they're not great they always have a couple games where they blow someone's doors off.

could be accused of cherry picking here but the results from normal games against normal opponents that don't have a team full of NFL players

NC St 24-10
Wake 13-0
MD 20-3
Pitt 16-17
BC 34-31
average 21-12
so many of the games just don't apply. games allen started, Tulane, Wagner, FSU, Clemson

it'll probably be 20-17 some whiteknuckle game that most people will turn off

it's a boring opinion but i think it's a coin flip. SU's volatility has a lot to do with who they played. FSU, Clemson. GT was a disaster but they're a volatile team themselves. Even thought they're not great they always have a couple games where they blow someone's doors off.

could be accused of cherry picking here but the results from normal games against normal opponents that don't have a team full of NFL players

NC St 24-10
Wake 13-0
MD 20-3
Pitt 16-17
BC 34-31
average 21-12
so many of the games just don't apply. games allen started, Tulane, Wagner, FSU, Clemson

Punt fest, Riley Dixon, MVP. There are going to be plenty of opportunites for special teams to make plays and tilt field position.

Connelly is the best there is at this stuff.

Heard Phil Steele on the radio this morning on this game. Said the teams are basically even everywhere but special teams, where Minnesota has the advantage. Said he favors them slightly because of that, but as everyone else says, could go either way.

This is really excellent, SB Nation definitely has some quality content. Sure beats ESPN talking heads throwing out tired cliches and trying to pass it off as analysis.

Punt fest, Riley Dixon, MVP. There are going to be plenty of opportunites for special teams to make plays and tilt field position.

Wow!!!!

NC St 24-10
Wake 13-0
MD 20-3
Pitt 16-17
BC 34-31
average 21-12

Heck of a call, Milly.

Connelly is the best there is at this stuff.

Heard Phil Steele on the radio this morning on this game. Said the teams are basically even everywhere but special teams, where Minnesota has the advantage. Said he favors them slightly because of that, but as everyone else says, could go either way.

And of course a special teams play wins us the game (after a couple of them nearly cost us).