Bill Connelly SP+ | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Bill Connelly SP+

LeQuint rushed for over a 1,000 yards. Agree the receivers numbers were poor.
The key word was "explosive". He didn't have many long rushes outside of his BC/Colgate games.

The fact that we were able to cob together any kind of offense at all last season is in itself a remarkable accomplishment. Losing Gadsden and Pena, then Shrader, and one OL after another. Remarkable.

He was 4.3 per last year. He needs to bump that up at least a yd per. Tucker was at 6.08 in 2021.
As I think someone said above, LA gained his 2023 yards the hard way, without a legitimate passing attack to draw off some of the D. I expect LA is ready for some second level lanes opening up this year.

Bill will be the first to tell you that it takes time for the rankings to get in line in a new season.

The primary factors are returning production, recruiting and recent history. All things that are not in Cuse's favor (or in many teams in the new environment.)

No point in getting bent out of shape over them at this point of the season. Check back after week 4 maybe.
Doesn't Sagarin hold off on posting ratings til the influence of the initial config has decayed statistically to irrelevance? Thought I read that somewhere. That's what I would do if I had a numbers-based system. Hold off til I had something to report.

Doesn't Sagarin hold off on posting ratings til the influence of the initial config has decayed statistically to irrelevance? Thought I read that somewhere. That's what I would do if I had a numbers-based system. Hold off til I had something to report.
To Connolly's credit, SP+ is pretty reliable, even early in the season, outside of a few outliers. I'd expect we'd be one, but it's a great way to gamble on CFB.

As a rule, CFP is probably pretty hard to project. There are very limited reps to evaluate, huge differences in talent levels, coaches, and resources, and massive year-over-year jumps in player development. We all know we're much better than we have been, and the numbers will show that if we perform!

Any projection algorithm which puts any weight at all on the previous years’ bowl game, isn’t worth the salt that will collect in the “experts” tears when he is ultimately proven wrong.

The only projected contributors that have numbers for last year are McCord, LQA, Villari, and Hatcher. OG and Pena were out basically all year, the UGA guys didn’t play, Gill had a limited role, Willis was in HS. Nixon was #2 at UW but didn’t put up huge numbers.

We are banking on potential.

I did think it was interesting that it said the avg top team would be 50/50 to go 12-0 or 11-1 vs our schedule.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom