Bill Raftery is getting his chance to call the Final 4 on TV | Syracusefan.com

Bill Raftery is getting his chance to call the Final 4 on TV

Alsacs

Living Legend
@richarddeitsch: Jim Nantz, Bill Raftery and Grant Hill will call the NCAA Final Four and National Championship this year for CBS and Turner Sports.

Greg Anthony's misfortune is Raftery's gain. Nantz is kinda stiff it will be interesting to see how does with Raft's energy. Also is there a law that every ex-Duke player becomes a college bball analyst? Hopefully Hill is more Bilas than Jay Williams.

@richarddeitsch: Jim Nantz, Bill Raftery and Grant Hill will call the NCAA Final Four and National Championship this year for CBS and Turner Sports.

Greg Anthony's misfortune is Raftery's gain. Nantz is kinda stiff it will be interesting to see how does with Raft's energy. Also is there a law that every ex-Duke player becomes a college bball analyst? Hopefully Hill is more Bilas than Jay Williams.

I would watch dead people decompose if Raf were on the call.

Any game that Raf does automatically becomes a much better game...

So glad Raf is doing this, wish Sean McD was his side kick instead of Grant Hill though.

Nantz and Sean are both play-by-play guys, it would have to be Bilas replacing Grant Hill.

I like Grant Hill and he has been a class act his entire career, but he's just SOOOOO boring.

Nantz and Sean are both play-by-play guys, it would have to be Bilas replacing Grant Hill.

I like Grant Hill and he has been a class act his entire career, but he's just SOOOOO boring.
Okay how about the trio of Sean, Raf, and Bilas. They rocked on ESPN.

Agree about Hill. Good thing it's not Battier, he is downright horrible and a flop (sorry couldn't resist).

Did Thabeet foul Flynn on this play, or was Flynn just acting?

I suppose so but its not like it effected the play. The screen still cleared room for the throw in.

To be honest I don't like Bilas half as much as I did when he was with Raf and Sean. They obviously counterbalanced his preachy style which personally has become more apparent after the split. Just my worthless opinion.

To be honest I don't like Bilas half as much as I did when he was with Raf and Sean. They obviously counterbalanced his preachy style which personally has become more apparent after the split. Just my worthless opinion.

I agree he's still good but they kept him in line and gave him crap about it. No one else really does that.

To be honest I don't like Bilas half as much as I did when he was with Raf and Sean.

Bilas is extremely intelligent and articulate, and is probably the most thoughtful CBB commentator there is right now. But at times I find him a bit cocky, and his whole "toughness" expertise to be a bit tiresome. Dude, you watch kids play basketball for a living, you aren't a Navy SEAL.

This is fine but I'm concerned I won't be told at the beginning of the game if the defense is man to man. Will Raf let us know?

Greg Anthony and warren sapp...they are really getting these sports announcers looking for working girls!

Bilas has started to nag on ref's or the rules way too much, and goes on and on about it. I think it's more important to him to analyze the refs than the players.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom