Bill Self compares TCU to Topeka YMCA | Syracusefan.com

Bill Self compares TCU to Topeka YMCA

jncuse

I brought the Cocaine to the White House
I'm OK with coaches who rip their team after a bad loss. Say its the worst game of the season - fine

But to say its the worst game that Kansas ever played since James Naismith' team lost to Topeka YMCA is really classless. Show a little respect for the opponent in their shining moment.

Am I the only one that thinks such a comment is classless?

I'm OK with coaches who rip their team after a bad loss. Say its the worst game of the season - fine

But to say its the worst game that Kansas ever played since James Naismith' team lost to Topeka YMCA is really classless. Show a little respect for the opponent in their shining moment.

Am I the only one that thinks such a comment is classless?
I thought it was funny, he said his team sucked. They did.

I thought he actually said, it was the worst team Kansas has put on the floor since Naismith...? Nothing about the opponent there.

I thought it was funny...also, can you imagine what the KU kids are thinking about today's practice? I would imagine they did not sleep well last night!!

I thought he actually said, it was the worst team Kansas has put on the floor since Naismith...? Nothing about the opponent there.

That is what he said. He didnt take a shot at TCU but rather his own team.

I think it was unnecessarily cruel and abusive. It was vicious. To turn on your own team like that, it's the public equivalent to slamming them all into the lockers. It made me SICK.

Now let me tell you what I really think!

That game was just dumbfounding to watch. With the under 4 minute time out in the first half Kansas had 4 points. Holy moly, I couldn't even begin to imagine this place if that were us last night. :)

Motivation has to come from somewhere...I bet ya their next game they come out on a mission.

That is what he said. He didnt take a shot at TCU but rather his own team.

He didn't say TCU is as bad as Topeka YMCA -- but he said its Kansas worst performance since one of Naismith's teams lost to Topeka YMCA, which is pretty much the same in my view.

These low scoring basketball games are sucking the life out of college basketball. It's all the NBA's fault! They're like scavengers that swoop down on all the colleges, picking players out before their time on the offhand chance that one or two may be stars for them. In the meantime, college players' dreams are shattered and teams are plucked to the bone. Ef the NBA!

Hm, I'm in a feisty mood this morning. Oh well, time to go to work!

I think it was unnecessarily cruel and abusive. It was vicious. To turn on your own team like that, it's the public equivalent to slamming them all into the lockers. It made me SICK.

Now let me tell you what I really think!

Umm... I have no problem, nor did I state I had a problem. with a coach viciously berating his team in public so your sarcastic reply is totally irrelevant.

The issue is when part of the attack is achieved via embarrassing the opponent.

Umm... I have no problem, nor did I state I had a problem. with a coach viciously berating his team in public so your sarcastic reply is totally irrelevant.

The issue is when part of the attack is achieved via embarrassing the opponent.
No no! I wasn't ripping you at all! I was stating what I thought. I was actually going to post a thread about this topic myself. We are good.

Bill Self is a great coach. Aside from that he comes off to me as an arrogant quite often. I didn't like him before he was at KU and still don't. Glad they got dumped by TCU and hope Oklahoma makes it 3 in a row.

I thought it was funny...also, can you imagine what the KU kids are thinking about today's practice? I would imagine they did not sleep well last night!!
I bet they are thinking, "We need to find a ride back to campus after practice at the YMCA."

Some epic early flame outs along with the 2008 national title. If Mario Chalmers misses that shot I think the seat would be quite hot for coach Self right now.

Some epic early flame outs along with the 2008 national title. If Mario Chalmers misses that shot I think the seat would be quite hot for coach Self right now.

I dunno, he's made 2 final fours and won the league all 8 years he's coached.