Bill Walton is doing the Zona UCLA game | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Bill Walton is doing the Zona UCLA game

I was watching that game last night and I was loving the Walton commentary.

"What does this say about Arizona? Biggest game of the year, at their place, in front of a packed house and they don't even show up!"
"Best game Shabazz has played all year!"
"Lute Olsen was the second coming of John Wooden!"
"UCLA hasn't won a big game in 5 years!"
"Michigan doesn't deserve to be #1. Kansas, Syracuse & Florida are the best teams I've seen this year!"
"I think Duke should hold off on firing that Krysewzski guy for a little while."

Cuttino Mobley has just made the two worst shot attempts in the history of this proud Houston Rockets franchise. Bill Walton

Mick Jagger is in better shape than far too many NBA players. It's up in the air whether the same can be said of Keith Richards. Bill Walton

"John Stockton is one of the true marvels, not just of basketball, or in America, but in the history of Western Civilization!"-Bill Walton

I don't think I can be friends with anyone who doesn't think these Waltonisms are hysterical...

"Shaq makes everyone else in the league look like Michelle Tafoya"

"This is a game of skill, Shawn Bradley"

"He’s not your vidas...he's not my vidas...he's ARVYDAS"

On Rasheed Wallace: "He's like a four-armed Dikembe Mutombo around the basket!"

Bill Walton used to do Clippers games with the legendary Ralph Lawler. Now that was a treat.

"Where would the Clippers be without Sean Rooks?"

After the opposing team went up 4-0: "That was the game-winning shot."

"Have they named the street in front of Staples Center 'Michael Olowokandi Avenue' yet?"

And anything that ended with, "in the history of Western Civilization."

We have always been a highly conditioned team even before the Melo Center. Check out the team photos on SUathletics

I'd call it a more recent phenomenon - there's some real peer pressure to stay fit. Syracuse has always had a number of workout warriors, but there's been no shortage of softies over the years. Haven't had anyone like that in the last four seasons.

I'd call it a more recent phenomenon - there's some real peer pressure to stay fit. Syracuse has always had a number of workout warriors, but there's been no shortage of softies over the years. Haven't had anyone like that in the last four seasons.

Mookie...?

Heard Celluck was the benching king.

Mookie...?

You're right - Mookie. And a number of the freshmen. I do think this era has been much more fanatical about the conditioning thing, though.

You're right - Mookie. And a number of the freshmen. I do think this era has been much more fanatical about the conditioning thing, though.

I think a lot of it has to do with the uniforms. Those jerseys would look ridiculous on someone who is out of shape, or even average.

My favorite quote from a Walton broadcast partner:

"So what was the 2nd worst pass in Spurs playoff history?"

- Steve "Snapper" Jones.

Mookie...?
I agree Mookie was never in great shape but he barely played UCLA have 3 guys playing heavy minutes that are not in great shape...huge difference.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom