Bills 2024 Thread - Misery loves company | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

Bills 2024 Thread - Misery loves company

Going to need to do a deep dive on the guy with the unimpressive 40 time. Bills obviously see something.

Going to need to do a deep dive on the guy with the unimpressive 40 time. Bills obviously see something.
Big. Good at contested catches, poor at creating separation. 40 time was not good, but if you like play speed, he had the top speed in the gauntlet drill at the combine.

PFF's draft profile:
Coleman is a top-tier athlete for the position from an explosiveness standpoint. His burst, top speed and leaping ability are All-Pro caliber. However, the lack of agility in his game limits his route tree and ability to separate from defensive backs. Those who love above-the-rim (full pun intended), alpha-type receivers will be big fans, but his inability to consistently separate means he won't be for everyone.

PROS​

• Very impressive athlete for a player his size. He is very explosive and strong.
  • Some of the most impressive contested catches you'll see.
  • Active, strong hands when he's lined up against press coverage.

CONS​

• Not a lot of lateral agility — if defenders get him going east-to-west, they can keep up with him.
  • For as athletic as he is, not a big yards-after-catch receiver.
  • Lack of separation is an issue. Contested catches are his strength, but every catch seems to be contested
  • Limited route tree — basic vertical stem.

Big. Good at contested catches, poor at creating separation. 40 time was not good, but if you like play speed, he had the top speed in the gauntlet drill at the combine.

PFF's draft profile:
Coleman is a top-tier athlete for the position from an explosiveness standpoint. His burst, top speed and leaping ability are All-Pro caliber. However, the lack of agility in his game limits his route tree and ability to separate from defensive backs. Those who love above-the-rim (full pun intended), alpha-type receivers will be big fans, but his inability to consistently separate means he won't be for everyone.

PROS​

• Very impressive athlete for a player his size. He is very explosive and strong.
  • Some of the most impressive contested catches you'll see.
  • Active, strong hands when he's lined up against press coverage.

CONS​

• Not a lot of lateral agility — if defenders get him going east-to-west, they can keep up with him.
  • For as athletic as he is, not a big yards-after-catch receiver.
  • Lack of separation is an issue. Contested catches are his strength, but every catch seems to be contested
  • Limited route tree — basic vertical stem.
Dude looks like a man's man on his highlights. Big. Is elite at the subtle push off before the ball arrives. Sense he can be a playmaker.

Dude looks like a man's man on his highlights. Big. Is elite at the subtle push off before the ball arrives. Sense he can be a playmaker.
Should be able to high point catch on the sidelines and red zone and likely some deep Joshy YOLO balls.

Was a guy projected 15-25 basically all year. Ran a 4.61 which pushed him down. Looked elite during thr gauntlet drill at the combine and cooked dudes on punt returns at FSU and also played bball for Michigan St. He's an athlete.

Was a guy projected 15-25 basically all year. Ran a 4.61 which pushed him down. Looked elite during thr gauntlet drill at the combine and cooked dudes on punt returns at FSU and also played bball for Michigan St. He's an athlete.

Ya didn't love it at first but it's growing on me. Definitely think Buffalo did their homework and apparently Allen wanted him as well.

He's from the heart of Cajun country. Same small town as Cee Dee Lamb.

Man Franklin and Corley still out there
Was staring at those to double dip but safety is such a gigantic negative right now with not even 1 average starter in the group. Position has been such a vital part of the success of the defense the last 5 years.

Was staring at those to double dip but safety is such a gigantic negative right now with not even 1 average starter in the group. Position has been such a vital part of the success of the defense the last 5 years.

Ya your right that should be the pick. Getting a guy like Corley though boy would that be a weapon to add.

Ya your right that should be the pick. Getting a guy like Corley though boy would that be a weapon to add.
Could band-aid S with Simmons with the Tre 6/1 cap space and just go for weapons but bit scary. Some high end OL still left too.

Could band-aid S with Simmons with the Tre 6/1 cap space and just go for weapons but bit scary. Some high end OL still left too.

Sounds like Hyde may give it one more go to which would help but your right scary proposition. Safety and both lines need to be addressed as well

I told my buddy a few picks ago that Cole seems to have the look of a McD guy and there ya have it. I don’t know much about him though.

Just driving the ball 200 down the middle. Fill the gigantic holes with dudes that should be able to play an important role on a playoff team in year 1. Maybe Payton Wilson there becomes a top 5 LB in the league or maybe the injuries wreck him.

I've made it pretty known here that I'm a fan of Coleman so naturally I'm thrilled how this draft has started for us. A lot of bust potential with him but I just like him. Just started focusing on football two years ago (was originally splitting his time playing basketball for Tom Izzo at Michigan State) and is the second youngest WR in the class. Still fairly productive in college despite being pretty raw learning the position but he just has some stuff you can't teach. Size, athleticism, coordination, elusiveness, and a high motor to hopefully make the most of his potential. I've been comparing him to the WR version of Josh Allen coming out of Wyoming and I am admittedly a bit out on a limb with Coleman much like I was Allen. Just feel like he's got the mentality to develop and the raw skills to turn into something special.

I've made it pretty known here that I'm a fan of Coleman so naturally I'm thrilled how this draft has started for us. A lot of bust potential with him but I just like him. Just started focusing on football two years ago (was originally splitting his time playing basketball for Tom Izzo at Michigan State) and is the second youngest WR in the class. Still fairly productive in college despite being pretty raw learning the position but he just has some stuff you can't teach. Size, athleticism, coordination, elusiveness, and a high motor to hopefully make the most of his potential. I've been comparing him to the WR version of Josh Allen coming out of Wyoming and I am admittedly a bit out on a limb with Coleman much like I was Allen. Just feel like he's got the mentality to develop and the raw skills to turn into something special.
I was shocked that he's only 20, albeit for 3 more weeks. Still crazy with a lot of the covid seniors being 23+.

RE: Coleman he ran a 4.53 at his pro day if you care about 40 times

I'm not concerned about his athleticism at all but rather his route running. Hopefully he gets developed well, love the Bishop pick.

The Allen comp is spot on. Two big athletic dogs

Troy Franklin, Payton Wilson, Cooper Beebe and Jalen McMillan the hope for me in rd 3.

Troy Franklin, Payton Wilson, Cooper Beebe and Jalen McMillan the hope for me in rd 3.
I think we take a second WR tomorrow but man I would absolutely love to grab Franklin coming up if we can. He and Coleman were the two I kept bouncing between for #5 WR in the class.