Bills 2024 Thread - Misery loves company | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Bills 2024 Thread - Misery loves company

Lamar career playoff stats: 1,324 passing yards (221 ypg) on 57.4% completion percentage, 521 rush yards (87 ypg), 9 total TDs, 9 turnovers.

Allen career playoff stats: 2,723 passing yards (272 ypg) on 64.6% completion percentage, 563 rush yards (56.3 ypg), 26 total TDs, 6 turnovers.

Remind me again why one always gets a pass while the other gets crushed every time his defense lets him down in the playoffs?
Here’s a comparison. Take a look at Baker’s playoff stats and then take a look at Lamar’s. It’s not even close.

Started watching some of the WRs on All 22. My very basic takes on how I’d feel if they were the pick at 28.
  • Brian Thomas - very happy
  • Keon Coleman - okay
  • Xavier Legette - no.

Started watching some of the WRs on All 22. My very basic takes on how I’d feel if they were the pick at 28.
  • Keon Coleman - okay
  • Xavier Legette - no.

If those were the options I would consider only Thomas. Might even just prefer a DL there and then take the Baker kid in the 2nd round

• Keon Coleman - okay
  • Xavier Legette - no.
Xavier Worthy: I’m so sorry chugg21 you were so right. Don’t think there’s a pick late enough for me to feel good selecting him.

Xavier Worthy: I’m so sorry chugg21 you were so right. Don’t think there’s a pick late enough for me to feel good selecting him.
His highlights are incredible but don't think you can coach up the mental aspects.

Josh Allen finishing 5th in MVP voting is a complete joke. Dak second? Behind Brock Purdy? Laughable. And Lamar might be the weakest league MVP in a long time. In today's NFL, a QB with under 4,000 yards passing (well under, I should add) AND under 30 total touchdowns? Come on.

Josh Allen finishing 5th in MVP voting is a complete joke. Dak second? Behind Brock Purdy? Laughable. And Lamar might be the weakest league MVP in a long time. In today's NFL, a QB with under 4,000 yards passing (well under, I should add) AND under 30 total touchdowns? Come on.
Obviously Lamar is a great player but it's really something when a narrative(s) takes hold in the face of statistical evidence.

Obviously Lamar is a great player but it's really something when a narrative(s) takes hold in the face of statistical evidence.

Yup, he was basically crowned MVP by mid-season.

I probably would have voted for Tyreek or CMC this year if it was me. Just don’t think any of the QBs were deserving. If we limit it to just QBs, I think it was clearly Lamar, Dak, and Allen in some order. You could make a pretty good case for any of them but they all had non-MVP caliber seasons.

Yup, he was basically crowned MVP by mid-season.
That’s certainly not the case. Media was trying to give it to a different player every week for awhile. Hurts became the leading candidate and then Philly got smacked by someone (maybe Dallas?). Then it was Dak and they got smacked by someone (SF?). Then it was Tua and Tyreek and they fell off the deep end. Then it was Purdy and CMC and they got dominated by Baltimore. And then finally it was Lamar the last couple weeks.

The NFL MVP voting is usually a joke and this year is no different. It goes to the QB on the team with the best record 90% of the time. Drew Brees lead the league in yards 7 times and touchdowns 4 times while never winning it. Lamar was 8th in QB EPA. He was behind Tua, Jalen Hurts, CJ Stroud and Jordan Love.

If they wanted to give it to a QB so bad I would have given it to Dak, but that would never happen because he’s not a media favorite.

I probably would have voted for Tyreek or CMC this year if it was me. Just don’t think any of the QBs were deserving. If we limit it to just QBs, I think it was clearly Lamar, Dak, and Allen in some order. You could make a pretty good case for any of them but they all had non-MVP caliber seasons.

The ONLY strike against Allen was the turnovers. Led the league in total yards, led the league in total touchdowns (by a fairly wide margin), set an NFL record for rushing touchdowns by a QB and led his team (which wouldn't even sniff the playoffs without him) to the two seed in the AFC. Maybe the turnovers prevented him from winning the MVP, but fifth? GTFOH.

Maybe it's me but I don't recall so much obsession over MVP ten years ago? It's all some people talk about from week 3 on, it's exhausting.
Even as a JA apologist I'm fine with not winning this year. Between the win streak at the end being driven by defense and the inflated sneak TDs..I get it. It stinks that Rodgers put up alien #'s in '20 & '21 and the "mvp scorecard" is so misleading vs someone like Lamar. Whatever, just throw another log on the fire of unfair things in his career, like McLoser's defense never showing up for a big game.
I will say between the "Turnovers are everything" and "Reg Season doesn't matter" takes, considering the playoff Ls having nothing to do with turnovers...the JA critics have really tied themselves into a pretzel. Incredible juxtaposition really.

Maybe it's me but I don't recall so much obsession over MVP ten years ago? It's all some people talk about from week 3 on, it's exhausting.
Even as a JA apologist I'm fine with not winning this year. Between the win streak at the end being driven by defense and the inflated sneak TDs..I get it. It stinks that Rodgers put up alien #'s in '20 & '21 and the "mvp scorecard" is so misleading vs someone like Lamar. Whatever, just throw another log on the fire of unfair things in his career, like McLoser's defense never showing up for a big game.
I will say between the "Turnovers are everything" and "Reg Season doesn't matter" takes, considering the playoff Ls having nothing to do with turnovers...the JA critics have really tied themselves into a pretzel. Incredible juxtaposition really.
because of the rise of access to bet on it.

I think it's worth pointing out that 7 of his 15 rushing TD's this year were 5 yards or more, so even if you take out those "stat inflating" TD's, he'd still have more rushing TD's and more total TD's than Lamar.

The Awards voting is a joke and it's no surprise looking at who gets to vote

Emmanuel Acho, basically another hot take personality, gets a vote. How can anyone take the voting process seriously if people who are paid to drum up controversy like him get a vote?

Not to take away from guys like Stefanski, but he's now won COTY more times than Andy Reid and Mike Tomlin and he's never won a division title in his tenure.

Didn’t watch a single play of the game but clockwork it went exactly the worst way possible.

The last drive proved even more to me that regardless of whether Bass makes that kick or Josh hits the crossing route for a TD on second down, Mahomes would have gotten whatever points the Chiefs needed on the ensuing drive
Totally different situations
-limited time vs guaranteed one full drive
-road game / hostile environment
-outdoors with weather a factor
To me the odds would have been about 55-45 he pull it off

Totally different situations
-limited time vs guaranteed one full drive
-road game / hostile environment
-outdoors with weather a factor
To me the odds would have been about 55-45 he pull it off
Fair enough but last night he was going against the 49ers D and against the Bills it was a bunch of backups with AJ Kilen guarding Kelce.