Bizarre moment tonight... | Syracusefan.com

Bizarre moment tonight...

cto

Administrator
Was having drinks with friends at a bar where TV's were showing NCAA football. Somehow the conversation turned to Syracuse. At that point, the bartender said his roommate was the Syracuse starting basketball center between 2002 and 2005. Knowing the person who held that distinction, I said to the bartender: "What's his name?"

Bartender immediately replied with a name I had never heard. "Wrong," I said, "his name was Craig Forth, and he is married and living in East Greenbush, NY." Bartender started to argue with me... insisting his roommate was the starting center. At that point, I took out a pen...and wrote "Craig Forth 2002-2oo5" on a piece of paper... and asked him to call his roommate to confirm that Craig was the starting center.

Bartender was so convinced he was right... that he bet me ... drinks for me and all my friends... that his roommate was the starting center.

So bartender calls his roommate... who admitted his lie ... and I and all my friends got free drinks.

Moral of story: never forget the names of our starting five in 2003. It may win you free drinks some day.

Last edited:
What a strangely specific thing to lie about.

I'm going to start telling people I was the San Diego Chargers 3rd string free safety from 2005-2007.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

The weird thing is he picked a team that won a national championship when he was supposedly the starting center - that's kinda easy to verify and catch the guy in a lie. If I was going to lie, I'd say I was the starting center for, say, Rutgers - just big enough to have some name recognition, but irrelevant enough that virtually nobody would take the time to fact-check it. Really, I doubt even Rutgers fans remember who was the starting center in 2002.

Was having drinks with friends at a bar where TV's were showing NCAA football. Somehow the conversation turned to Syracuse. At that point, the bartender said his roommate was the Syracuse starting basketball center between 2002 and 2005. Knowing the person who held that distinction, I said to the bartender: "What's his name?"

Bartender immediately replied with a name I had never heard. "Wrong," I said, "his name was Craig Forth, and he is married and living in East Greenbush, NY." Bartender started to argue with me... insisting his roommate was the starting center. At that point, I took out a pen...and wrote "Craig Forth 2002-2oo5" on a piece of paper... and asked him to call his roommate to confirm that Craig was the starting center.

Bartender was so convinced he was right... that he bet me ... drinks for me and all my friends... that his roommate was the starting center.

So bartender calls his roommate... who admitted his lie ... and I and all my friends got free drinks.

Moral of story: never forget the names of our starting five in 2003. It may win you free drinks some day.

what would be really funny is if his roommate was like 5'8.

If I was going to lie, I'd say I was the starting center for, say, Rutgers - just big enough to have some name recognition, but irrelevant enough that virtually nobody would take the time to fact-check it. Really, I doubt even Rutgers fans remember who was the starting center in 2002.

Damn you, Herve Lamizana!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1

Speaking of bizarre moments, stopped into the bar for a couple "I've been super productive today" drinks and watch a guy just walk up to a random guy, kick him in the nuts, and walk away. The hurting nuts guys girlfriend tried to fight the kicker, because hurting nuts guy was still laying on the ground.

Great thing about Alaska, only thing that happened to the kicker, had to drink one glass of water before the bartender would serve him again.

What a strangely specific thing to lie about.

I'm going to start telling people I was the San Diego Chargers 3rd string free safety from 2005-2007.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

I bet he put it on his resume' to get the bartending job. ;)

When I lived in Florida and was a little younger, I used to tell chicks I played professional baseball. It did work probably 75% of the time. Hell, I was never going to talk to them again anyways.

Speaking of bizarre moments, stopped into the bar for a couple "I've been super productive today" drinks and watch a guy just walk up to a random guy, kick him in the nuts, and walk away. The hurting nuts guys girlfriend tried to fight the kicker, because hurting nuts guy was still laying on the ground.

Great thing about Alaska, only thing that happened to the kicker, had to drink one glass of water before the bartender would serve him again.

Anna Banana???

When I lived in Florida and was a little younger, I used to tell chicks I played professional baseball. It did work probably 75% of the time. Hell, I was never going to talk to them again anyways.
Wow .750 you were a heck of a professional baseball player!

When I was in college there were a bunch of guys I started hanging out with and they also knew a guy i went to high school with but he dropped out when he was 16. I was shocked when they told me that he claimed to have played D1 baseball at a big school but he got hurt and ended up leaving and coming to my school. After explaining to them that there was no way he was a D1 baseball player because I played throughout high school and never once seen him play baseball much less any sport. They were pretty disappointed and said that they liked him before he told them that story and they didn't know what to think of him after.

If I had a roommate and he told me he did anything noteworthy in his past. You're gd right id Google that sob

I worked with a guy last year, and we got to talking and he told me how his nephew was heading to Syracuse on a full ride basketball scholarship. He knew I was an SU fan, so I don't know why he would try to bullshit me, so I started naming the incoming class. Of course it was none of them. I then explain that maybe he is a walk-on, which is still very cool. He said no, he is getting a full ride. I let it go, but I took everything this guy said with a grain of salt after that.

This is random... but one of my absolute favorite shows on TV is "Alaska State Troopers." I can't get enough of it.

whoever that guy was, he probably should've started over forth

That is so funny. I was the starting strong safety and I don't even remember you.
Well, it's not like our defense was known for communicating well. You know what it was like.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom