BJ Johnson, Come On Down! | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

BJ Johnson, Come On Down!

Cowtown... where does that dinosaur quote in your signature come from?

buckle up BJ. You will face the wrath of JB now that he's forced to play you. Ask Roberson how it went last year.

Can I be a little honest about BJ and his defense? I DON'T CARE.

I am tired of watching SU win games by scoring 50 points and shooting 36-38%
from the field. It is boring, it is frustrating, ... and to start with, I hate big ten
basketball, but even some of those games are more appealing than the crappy ones
SU plays.

If you can get anyone who can put the ball in the hoop with regularity, the fact they
give up an easy bucket or two does not matter. But I have had enough with watching
a kid who you recruit to score get into the game, and plays for 30 seconds before being
yanked due to a mediocre defensive play. Guys do not get a chance to learn game speed
with that substitution pattern.

I'll also admit that he's not hitting right now. I'd hoped he could. He obviously can,
and I'll hope for that as the year goes on. His recent game log isn't exactly showing a
lot of minutes ... DNPs 4 of the last 5; 9 mins vs Cornell, 16 vs Colgate, 7 vs Nova.
His shooting, hey, I could cherry pick stats: he's shooting decently if you discount 3
games where his shooting is 3-24. What is it they say about shooters ? Something
like keep shooting ...?

Kev

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom