BJ Johnson Hoops/Fitness workouts=Getting Ready | Syracusefan.com

BJ Johnson Hoops/Fitness workouts=Getting Ready

OGBJ20

Starter
BJ work.jpg

Thanks for the vids Bobby. Good to see BJ grinding putting in that "WORK".
His sessions are pretty similar in what he does in the way of lifting, conditioning and hoops. The workouts do differ in respect to the days he has the S&C coach and dribbling instructor which may reduce the shooting drills etc. Todd Barnes said that BJ is coming along well and he is concentrating on increasing BJ's strength which consequently increases his size upon arriving at SU as he turns BJ over to Ryan at SU." BJ will be on campus the last week of June. The work is definitely paying off for BJ at this time. Todd Barnes stated that "BJ will definitely show even more improvement with the training/nutritional routine from Ryan and the fitness group. As for me, I am happy to see BJ increasing in all areas with positive results from the hard work that he is putting in. We'll keep on grinding!

His sessions are pretty similar in what he does in the way of lifting, conditioning and hoops. The workouts do differ in respect to the days he has the S&C coach and dribbling instructor which may reduce the shooting drills etc. Todd Barnes said that BJ is coming along well and he is concentrating on increasing BJ's strength which consequently increases his size upon arriving at SU as he turns BJ over to Ryan at SU." BJ will be on campus the last week of June. The work is definitely paying off for BJ at this time. Todd Barnes stated that "BJ will definitely show even more improvement with the training/nutritional routine from Ryan and the fitness group. As for me, I am happy to see BJ increasing in all areas with positive results from the hard work that he is putting in. We'll keep on grinding!
Good stuff. Is BJ close with any of the current players yet? I would assume he's cool with Team Final alum Rak.

Great to see the hard work he's putting in. He's going to be a fan favorite. With his shooting, athleticism, and hard work people are going to love him.

I've been paying attention to this recruit since we signed him, and I'm convinced we landed an absolute steal. It might not happen from a PT standpoint for BJ this season, but there is no doubt in my mind that he is going to be a STUD for us during his career. Kid has the size, athleticism, and versatility to really flourish in our system.

And it is greatly encouraging to hear that he's working so hard to refine his game and physique--that work ethic will serve him well during his career at SU.

One of many segments of the days 4hour session that included lifting, conditioning and hoops

That band workout is insane. Just lifting your leg requires decent effort if the band is strong enough. One thing that is very obvious is that he knows exactly how hard he has to work to become an NBA player, and it is largely because his dad played the game at a high level. The video's are amazing to watch. I am going to incorporate some of the stuff into my own workout, even though my only goal is to avoid being both fat and old. You can only afford to be one at a time in this life, lol.

Thanks for being such a contribution to this board, OG!

That band workout is insane. Just lifting your leg requires decent effort if the band is strong enough. One thing that is very obvious is that he knows exactly how hard he has to work to become an NBA player, and it is largely because his dad played the game at a high level. The video's are amazing to watch. I am going to incorporate some of the stuff into my own workout, even though my only goal is to avoid being both fat and old. You can only afford to be one at a time in this life, lol.

Thanks for being such a contribution to this board, OG!

" You can only afford to be one at a time in this life, lol." - Uhh - no

Neat videos.

And it's easy to see he's put on bulk in the past year. Getting those first 10 pounds onto a skinny teen can be really hard. Just make sure the AC in his dorm works, or he'll lose it again. ;)

Hi OGB- like evryone else, happy to have you on the board. I was listenining to "One Shining Moment" tonight. Thought about BJ when it said... "you always did your best, and now it shows" ... Thanks for your posts!