BJ Johnson | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

BJ Johnson

you don't need 30 mpg to shoot better than that

I kind of remember making this argument, but could be wrong, and don't care enough to look it up, but when BJ played more than X amount of minutes, or took more than 2 or 3 threes in a game his percentage skyrocketed. The trouble was, he was usually 0-1 and then yanked for a week. :)

Because if you don't shoot super, super, super well, and you're a shooter, you don't play. Rules are rules!

I'm hoping Big Bad Bobby Braswell is the next BJ Johnson, but not.

You know what I mean.

I think Brasswell could potentially be the next KJo/CJ Fair type player. A guy who stays 4 years and becomes a leader. Bobby Buckets. Potentially. Then again for all we’ve seen he could also be Mookie. I have faith though!

I kind of remember making this argument, but could be wrong, and don't care enough to look it up, but when BJ played more than X amount of minutes, or took more than 2 or 3 threes in a game his percentage skyrocketed. The trouble was, he was usually 0-1 and then yanked for a week. :)

Because if you don't shoot super, super, super well, and you're a shooter, you don't play. Rules are rules!

Offense wasn't the problem and BJ didn't get yanked for poor shooting. His shooting/scoring was the main reason he was recruited here.

iirc, defense was the limiting factor in his PT. If he left a corner shooter open, he'd get a seat on the bench, as fair or unfair as that was.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Brasswell could potentially be the next KJo/CJ Fair type player. A guy who stays 4 years and becomes a leader. Bobby Buckets. Potentially. Then again for all we’ve seen he could also be Mookie. I have faith though!

I’m seeing Southerland 2.0.

Definitely also get the BJ vibes - both would have benefitted tremendously by a RS Frosh year at SU.
(Sadly BJ got that RS year due to transferring, but it clearly helped him BIGLY)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom