BJ Johnson | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

BJ Johnson

you have to ask questions about this offense when a guy shoots 26% from three here and 36% there

i know 77 shots isn't a big enough sample to know anything but it still makes you wonder

you have to ask questions about this offense when a guy shoots 26% from three here and 36% there

i know 77 shots isn't a big enough sample to know anything but it still makes you wonder

Could be any number of factors. He would have shot 36% here IMO had he played 30-35 minutes per game. Instead he played 10 minutes per game and left.

Could be any number of factors. He would have shot 36% here IMO had he played 30-35 minutes per game. Instead he played 10 minutes per game and left.
you don't need 30 mpg to shoot better than that

you don't need 30 mpg to shoot better than that

Some players need to get into a rhythm and know they’re going to play consistent minutes. BJ was one of those guys. Do you know how hard it is to play in 2-4 minute spurts in games and not know if you’re going to play again? Especially as a freshman or sophomore?

Yeah, no way maturity, strength, competition, and development had anything to do with the improvement.

Agreed. He was a guy most of thought would be on the Demetris Nichols path. He would’ve been a player and a shooter here as a junior and especially senior. He wasn’t really ready early in his career. You could see the skill set and athleticism(and the LENGTH for the ZONE - sorry, had to), but he just wasn’t ready for prime time yet.

BJ is going to find a home and stick in the league. He proved a lot of doubters including myself wrong, I'm very happy for him. Kid works hard and it's extremely easy to see, he can do everything on the court.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom