Blaming players for last nights loss is too easy... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Blaming players for last nights loss is too easy...

So did Bell 3 games ago. JB still gave him unlimited run. Now he can make shots.
My only guess is that they’re not showing anything in practice, if anyone was shining they’d be playing.

What’s funny is SJU also played an iron man rotation. But I don’t care what other teams do.
Yeah, JB is not exactly an outlier when it comes to playing short benches. Most coaches do. The issue seems to be that we always have a player or 2 who aren’t in the right condition to play that way, and we Suffer for it down the stretch of tight games.

JT hasn’t played enough for me to know if he is good or not but there’s no way you can watch the minutes he has played and definitively say he’s not ready or not good.

He looked solid, at the very least, every time he touches the court and that is absolutely enough to warrant actual minutes every game with this roster. The rotations are ridiculous to everyone watching every game besides the guy making decisions.

Yeah, JB is not exactly an outlier when it comes to playing short benches. Most coaches do. The issue seems to be that we always have a player or 2 who aren’t in the right condition to play that way, and we Suffer for it down the stretch of tight games.
I feel like as the season goes on, teams usually get to a shorter bench based off past/current performance. Usually these early season games are where teams are starting to figure that out. Not just saying they’re not going to use the bench at all.

That chase down block/goal tend was completely insane. Dude can move.
I was sitting right behind the basket where Bell made that block. I thought it was a phenomenal chase down and block. Did he get the ball after it hit the backboard? They reviewed it but it was hard to tell.

I was sitting right behind the basket where Bell made that block. I thought it was a phenomenal chase down and block. Did he get the ball after it hit the backboard? They reviewed it but it was hard to tell.
Yes, it was super close but it did just hit the backboard before he got his hands on it

That’s the low hanging fruit. I thought JB was real BAD again. If guys don’t play well you have options. Taylor can’t get in if Girard can’t put the ball in the ocean? He’s an upgrade on defense I would think?

Brown not getting in at all is criminal when we had a forward go two games without a rebound.

There’s other nit picky stuff I won’t get into, but lack of talent or not I think JB has now had two really bad games this year.

Guys play a certain way because it’s allowed.
Absolutely correct!!

we would not have won the game with Brown playing any number of minutes either.

The one thing I'll concede on is that Bell played 35 minutes and he had ZERO rebounds, Zero steals, Zero blocks. He had ONE assist an a turnover. You can't have a kid play 35 minutes and literally not have a statistic.

I've been stating this from when we first began recruiting the kid, after watching his HS film. Bell is a streak shooter, but has always been a highly disinterested defender and rebounder. He doesn't handle the ball well, and isn't much of a passer.

So if he's hitting shots [like against Richmond], he's at least contributing. If he's not, then he's not doing other things that are valuable.

He's a walking zero stat guy, who occasionally gets hot and knocks down a few J's.

I've been stating this from when we first began recruiting the kid, after watching his HS film. Bell is a streak shooter, but has always been a highly disinterested defender and rebounder. He doesn't handle the ball well, and isn't much of a passer.

So if he's hitting shots [like against Richmond], he's at least contributing. If he's not, then he's not doing other things that are valuable.

He's a walking zero stat guy, who occasionally gets hot and knocks down a few J's.
Mookie Jones?

Just barely hit the backboard first on the replay. Still a great effort.

If JB isn't going to sub in the 2nd half at least have an oxygen tent on the sideline for players during timeouts.

we would not have won the game with Brown playing any number of minutes either.

The one thing I'll concede on is that Bell played 35 minutes and he had ZERO rebounds, Zero steals, Zero blocks. He had ONE assist an a turnover. You can't have a kid play 35 minutes and literally not have a statistic.
Disagree. In fact, if he played the last 25 minutes of the game like Benny did, I’d put money on him scoring more than 2 points and grabbing more than 3 rebounds. Because that’s what Benny did in the second half and OT. Maybe he got tired? He was all over the place and had a great first half, but did almost nothing in the second half. I bet Brown couldve helped.

Disagree. In fact, if he played the last 25 minutes of the game like Benny did, I’d put money on him scoring more than 2 points and grabbing more than 3 rebounds. Because that’s what Benny did in the second half and OT. Maybe he got tired? He was all over the place and had a great first half, but did almost nothing in the second half. I bet Brown couldve helped.

The most minutes he's logged to date were 22 against Northeastern and he went 4 and 4.

Creighton literally goes 0 deep this year. No depth. But they didn’t look gassed last night.

That’s the low hanging fruit. I thought JB was real BAD again. If guys don’t play well you have options. Taylor can’t get in if Girard can’t put the ball in the ocean? He’s an upgrade on defense I would think?

Brown not getting in at all is criminal when we had a forward go two games without a rebound.

There’s other nit picky stuff I won’t get into, but lack of talent or not I think JB has now had two really bad games this year.

I think JB is very good to take JG3 out early in first half when he tried to pass a ball to nobody. But he needs to stay at the dog house longer.

I think JB is very good to take JG3 out early in first half when he tried to pass a ball to nobody. But he needs to stay at the dog house longer.
Hard to sit him too long when Symir does nothing.

Sure… except Mookie never got on the court in competitive situations. This kid is starting as a freshman. We have fallen FAR.
Mookie would probably be a star on this team.

And it is not right either. Geez, this is for your entertainment. if you're not ponying up thousands in donations just sit back and enjoy the game. Too many frustrated people on this board. Team got better last night, off night by our top scorer and we almost pulled it out anyway.

Tough to tell with Joe. I dont want to call it lack of hustle but more lack of toughness like threading the needle. Not sure what's best for him as a sg, calm and collected and going through the motions, or slightly angry and competitive like Benny. But he certainly gets excited some games after knocking down a jumper or two.

He single-handedly ran a acc team off the court at home last year just dribbling around, and barely shooting. Can't remember which game, but he was the best player on the court by a mile with barely even pulling up from 3.

Reading through all of the post makes me realize the only thing that will help SU be successful is JB retiring. Please baby Jesus, have JB retire ASAP.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom