Blanket statement | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Blanket statement

It's not a vending machine.

You simply don't press "B-9" and an OT slides down the slot.

Transfers have to be recruited just like HS kids. If a transfer doesn't want to play here, you can't make him.
I'm not implying it's a vending machine but it's a tool we do not use, we should at the very least be offering a lot of these guys, if 4 stars are willing to go to smu because they think they can play why not come here, especially the guys with one year left, might be willing to come to a lesser program and play.

Devin butler came here from notre dame, we should be offering the 2 safeties that are in the portal from ND. Go through the portal for yourself and look, besides the top 10 guys at each position you will see a bunch go to schools of our caliber.

For example peyton ramsey transferef from indiana to northwestern, no guarentee of playing he'll have to compete with the 4 QB's who all played last season, everyone will admit we need a backup and some wanted tommy benched, no reason we didnt go after him, I watched him play countless times over the years he's a legit QB.

To stay on the Qb route, joey yellen transfered from ASU to PITT, he'd have a much better chance playing here than behind kenny pickett, justin rogers a 4 star transfered from tcu to unlv. Michael Johnson Jr. went into the portal in july, he's a 4 star from penn state, if we landed any of these guys out of HS we all would have been happy, with so much talent to me its unexcusable we dont utilize it when we are this bad.

I'd suggest going through the 2020 or 2019 portal and see where some of these guys ended up, I'm not saying we'd land the top ones but guys who were talent we'd never land who want a school to go play should be offered, you'll see the schools some of these guys go to it's ridiculous we arent in the mix even trying.

My avatar says it all. I have not wavered in my belief in Tommy and I don't care who knows it. Reminds me of all the undeserved criticism Nassib got especially in his junior year. We were 5-2 after destroying WVU 49-23 in the dome. However, our oline was devastated with injuries and we lost our last 5 games (including UCONN) to miss a bowl at 5-7.

Marrone and Nassib (and OC Hackett) got the same tired criticism we hear on the board today. Marrone can't recruit, he's a lousy game coach, he plays meat head football. Nassib has no touch, he can't run, he holds the ball too long, he doesn't go past his first read yada yada yada. Sound familiar?

The next year we went 7-5 and beat K State in the inaugural Empire Bowl. Our best season in years. Marrone was a keeper, Nassib was a 4th round pick and Hackett was a genius.

YOU CAN'T RUN AN OFFENSE IF YOU CAN'T BLOCK. PERIOD.

Blame whomever you want but it is all not on the QB not even a lot.
We also started 1-3 in 2012 as oline struggled with Pugh hurt.

He came back for the Pitt game, solidified the line and we went 7-2 the rest of the way.

I'm not implying it's a vending machine but it's a tool we do not use, we should at the very least be offering a lot of these guys, if 4 stars are willing to go to smu because they think they can play why not come here, especially the guys with one year left, might be willing to come to a lesser program and play.

Devin butler came here from notre dame, we should be offering the 2 safeties that are in the portal from ND. Go through the portal for yourself and look, besides the top 10 guys at each position you will see a bunch go to schools of our caliber.

For example peyton ramsey transferef from indiana to northwestern, no guarentee of playing he'll have to compete with the 4 QB's who all played last season, everyone will admit we need a backup and some wanted tommy benched, no reason we didnt go after him, I watched him play countless times over the years he's a legit QB.

To stay on the Qb route, joey yellen transfered from ASU to PITT, he'd have a much better chance playing here than behind kenny pickett, justin rogers a 4 star transfered from tcu to unlv. Michael Johnson Jr. went into the portal in july, he's a 4 star from penn state, if we landed any of these guys out of HS we all would have been happy, with so much talent to me its unexcusable we dont utilize it when we are this bad.

I'd suggest going through the 2020 or 2019 portal and see where some of these guys ended up, I'm not saying we'd land the top ones but guys who were talent we'd never land who want a school to go play should be offered, you'll see the schools some of these guys go to it's ridiculous we arent in the mix even trying.

There are reasons why guys end up in the portal...schools don’t let good players leave easily. While yes we should keep an eye on the portal, it is extremely unlikely the top tier portal players will choose Syracuse tbh.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom