Blessing in disguise? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Blessing in disguise?

We need Cooney to step up and give us something.
He's shown flashes and IMO, hasn't been as bad as some have thought.
That being said, I'm not banking on JS coming back this year...been there, done that.
I'm more worried about JB's quick hooks and over-reliance on BT, CJ, and MCW- even though at this point he's had no choice.
In the long run, his being FORCED to give more PT to Cooney, JG, and Rak, is definitely a blessing in disguise.
Better now than March.

We need Cooney to step up and give us something.
He's shown flashes and IMO, hasn't been as bad as some have thought.
That being said, I'm not banking on JS coming back this year...been there, done that.
I'm more worried about JB's quick hooks and over-reliance on BT, CJ, and MCW- even though at this point he's had no choice.
In the long run, his being FORCED to give more PT to Cooney, JG, and Rak, is definitely a blessing in disguise.
Better now than March.

he atleast needs to quit air balling 3's

he atleast needs to quit air balling 3's
True. But with more PT, comes more confidence, leading to more consistency.
We simply need him out there- 40+ minutes for our backcourt ain't gonna cut it.

that is exactly what i meant

i knew you meant in a good way, and that is why i asked why. james is long, but he's not a guy that can cover up top, guards would blow around and by him. plus it takes away our best defensive guard.

i knew you meant in a good way, and that is why i asked why. james is long, but he's not a guy that can cover up top, guards would blow around and by him. plus it takes away our best defensive guard.

I hear what you're saying and agree with most of it.....i just think that a few possesions here and there would cause quite a fit for the opposition but that would be at the expense of triche....james should be able to cause as much havoc (if not more in the passing lanes) as trevor while keeping grant and fair on the floor AND giving triche a blow....i do agree that the blow by could be easy though.

while not ideal, there are some benefits and if those instances bore any fruit, it could be scary.

Getting beat off the dribble shouldn't a big issue. The center will step up and there is nothing worse then a 6-8" guy trailing you for a block as a guard.
Well, we see things differently in this regard.

Well, we see things differently in this regard.

I am concerned that James would suffer in transition defense at the guard spot, but I'm only suggesting 5-6 mins a game largely because of the offensive end of the floor. I do not consider James a guard by any means.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom