Block in the back... | Syracusefan.com

Block in the back...

CuseOnly

All American
called on Akeel Lynch against Reddish happened on the PSU 41 yard line yet the referees never walked off the yardage and backed them up to the 31 yard line.

Ball was placed on the 41, shouldn't that have been 10 yards from the spot of the foul?

What happened here?

they ruled it was a legal block because it was during a tackle.. not really sure what they were thinking.

Ive never heard of that before ever. and on replay he was not even close to making the tackle at the time he was hit in the back.

Don't believe they called a judgement penalty on PSU all game. They had a few procedure "must call" types called against them but must have been disciplined otherwise. Penalties were 4 vs 8 I think? 20 vs 60 yards? Somthing like that?

Was at the game so not sure but seemed unfair all else equal.

Then they picked up the one break they gave us!

Team looked capable, PSU still pretty big/fast...tough to play them game 1

Also the kick catch interference when Desir caught the ball with it seemed like PSU players close-talking to him.

Hate Big Ten referees...hope they aren't expecting any favors next weekend. Need to outright win this game with no possibility for discussion or questionable plays.

I guess it's only a block in the back if it springs the returner? Seems like a penalty should be a penalty.

Of course, Cunningham was all over it being them discussing Reddish for targeting, but the refs backing off because he was pushed from behind. In his eyes, I think we had roughly 3 clean tackles on the afternoon.

the formation penalty was the one that really killed us.. not sure what the ref was looking at.. compare it to the plays before and after and there is no difference. the feet were lined up but im not sure how what draws the refs attention.. that play took us from 3rd and one to 2nd and 15..

the formation penalty was the one that really killed us.. not sure what the ref was looking at.. compare it to the plays before and after and there is no difference. the feet were lined up but im not sure how what draws the refs attention.. that play took us from 3rd and one to 2nd and 15..

Was that the one on Foy? (where Patrick was adamant that it was a hold). I remember the replay showed the view from behind the offense. It was a very helpful view when the call is not enough guys on the line of scrimmage.

Was that the one on Foy? (where Patrick was adamant that it was a hold). I remember the replay showed the view from behind the offense. It was a very helpful view when the call is not enough guys on the line of scrimmage.

yeah i think you're right. foy or robinson. they said one of them was basically lined up in the backfield because they were pulling and wanted to get an advantage - or something like that. i remember the replay from behind the line and i couldn't tell what they were talking about or what the call was, foy;s position looked fine to me.

Watch this highlight of Robinson's 26 yard catch in the flat and how Zwinak #28 blatantly plows over Davis #35 from behind, holds him with arms out and takes him down, he was in perfect position to make the tackle.

I could/might understand if that type of penalty wasn't called if it was on the opposite side of the field and made no difference but it was the entire reason the play was successful.

I hate Big 10 refs.

Watch this highlight of Robinson's 26 yard catch in the flat and how Zwinak #28 blatantly plows over Davis #35 from behind, holds him with arms out and takes him down, he was in perfect position to make the tackle.

I could/might understand if that type of penalty wasn't called if it was on the opposite side of the field and made no difference but it was the entire reason the play was successful.

I hate Big 10 refs.

Announcers said Big 12 refs

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom