Blown save aside Betances is one of the most dominant pitchers in MLB | Syracusefan.com

Blown save aside Betances is one of the most dominant pitchers in MLB

CaliCuse

All American
He seems to have closer stuff if given the chance. He will obviously get tagged but at this point he has the confidence and stuff to be the "go-to " guy out of the pen. I expect Robertson will make an adjustment in his approach out there after today's misfortune. Offensively the Yankees hold be looking forward to McCann and Robert having some big days at bat soon enough. I think its unfair to ask Almonte to sit for weeks on end and then come in to DH.

Betances is dominating in much the same way Mo and Joba did when they arrived on the scene pitching out of the bullpen. Long term, that doesn't necessarily translate into domination as a closer, or as a starter for that matter. Enjoy him for what he is right now -- a dominant middle innings guy that can give you one or two shut down innings and be the bridge to the back end of the bullpen.

I'm surprised Cali hasn't traded Betances for a back-up 1st baseman yet. :D

Betances is dominating in much the same way Mo and Joba did when they arrived on the scene pitching out of the bullpen. Long term, that doesn't necessarily translate into domination as a closer, or as a starter for that matter. Enjoy him for what he is right now -- a dominant middle innings guy that can give you one or two shut down innings and be the bridge to the back end of the bullpen.

I would ride this phase of his performance whenever its needed. Middle innings or closer No point in putting him into a slot already. Thats way too short sighted.

I'm surprised Cali hasn't traded Betances for a back-up 1st baseman yet. :D
No need. Cali tells me the farm system is loaded with big-time first base prospects who are ready to step in now. I say let's cut Tex loose right away, or maybe trade him for a front-line starter or a decent shortstop.

No need. Cali tells me the farm system is loaded with big-time first base prospects who are ready to step in now. I say let's cut Tex loose right away, or maybe trade him for a front-line starter or a decent shortstop.
I never said cut Tex. Kelly's supposed ability to hit for power in Yankee Stadium is clearly a big miscalculation byCashman loose. There are players that can provide more than Kelly Johnson who is strictly a uti;ity player at best. The holes in the lineup are gapping.Soriano has bought into his ability to hit home-runs. He swings at pitches that promise missing the ball entirely. I'm sure that a pitcher will soon make a mistake and allow Soriano to make contact with the ball and then the cycle begins once again with KOs. How long Solartes success will continue but this is a young man taking advantage of the fact he is playing in he majors after spending a lifetime in the minors.Derek's pending retirement speaks highly of his realizing his body can no longer perform at his previous level in the field or at the plate.Sometimes and perhaps too often the manager must make that decision for the player. On paper the the Yankees look good but the game isn't played on paper and the lack of excitement for the team has drained out after last year and now this year.

MLBRosterMoves‏@MLBRosterMoves 27m
The @Yankees recall INF Scott Sizemore from Triple-A SWB Railriders; option OF Zoilo Almonte to SWB Railriders.

I never said cut Tex. Kelly's supposed ability to hit for power in Yankee Stadium is clearly a big miscalculation byCashman loose. There are players that can provide more than Kelly Johnson who is strictly a uti;ity player at best. The holes in the lineup are gapping.Soriano has bought into his ability to hit home-runs. He swings at pitches that promise missing the ball entirely. I'm sure that a pitcher will soon make a mistake and allow Soriano to make contact with the ball and then the cycle begins once again with KOs. How long Solartes success will continue but this is a young man taking advantage of the fact he is playing in he majors after spending a lifetime in the minors.Derek's pending retirement speaks highly of his realizing his body can no longer perform at his previous level in the field or at the plate.Sometimes and perhaps too often the manager must make that decision for the player. On paper the the Yankees look good but the game isn't played on paper and the lack of excitement for the team has drained out after last year and now this year.
I'm just having fun with you, Cali. Although I wouldn't mind moving Tex and his contract for a solid starter like Phil Hughes. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom