BMK | Syracusefan.com

BMK

Trueblue25

Cali Award Magistrate; 2023 Cali Award Rushing Yds
I get it, and I agree, we owe a lot to him for last years tournament. But if he can't rebound, he absolutely kills us. 10+ offensive rebounds for SJU is unforgivable. In my opinion, if he can't rebound he can't play. Rakeem has became a better player in every part of the game.

I get it, and I agree, we owe a lot to him for last years tournament. But if he can't rebound, he absolutely kills us. 10+ offensive rebounds for SJU is unforgivable. In my opinion, if he can't rebound he can't play. Rakeem has became a better player in every part of the game.

We were obviously watching a different game down the stretch .. BMK's D was awesome!

The offensive rebounds had little to do with Baye, he wasn't even on the court for most of them.

I'm with Trueblue on this one. Keita almost cost us the game in my mind due to his inability to rebound. It completely undoes any positive he brings to the court defensively because we can't end possessions. Gbinije, CJ, and Ennis saved this game.

The offensive rebounds had little to do with Baye, he wasn't even on the court for most of them.

They got like 4 offensive rebounds in one possession with him on the court at the end. The ball even landed in his hands on one or two of them and he still couldn't actually get the rebound.

moose man played solid down the stretch. not sure i'd rather have seen dajuan last couple minutes.

I'm with Trueblue on this one. Keita almost cost us the game in my mind due to his inability to rebound. It completely undoes any positive he brings to the court defensively because we can't end possessions. Gbinije, CJ, and Ennis saved this game.

His complete lack of an offensive game doesn't help us either. I'm with the both of you. I'm glad for Keita's past accomplishments, but we were much better with Coleman or Rak in the middle.

His complete lack of an offensive game doesn't help us either. I'm with the both of you. I'm glad for Keita's past accomplishments, but we were much better with Coleman or Rak in the middle.
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...I guess the HOF Coach doesn't know what he is doing. It is lucky that we can win despite him.

Keita did get a couple of huge rebounds toward the end - the uneqiovocal, established position/2 hand grab variety, as opposed to the usual over-the-back , pointless volleyball finger tap bullshit. It was surprising to see Boeheim put him in so late, even with Rak and Coleman's fouls.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...I guess the HOF Coach doesn't know what he is doing. It is lucky that we can win despite him.

Oh stop. These types of posts really have no place here. Being one of the best coaches of all-time doesn't mean every decision that he makes is perfect.

Love that reply. Guess when you can't debate the actual basketball being played you just revert back to the Coach and his loyalty for players in the program.

I guess since JB is in the HOF he's not capable of one or two bad decisions anymore.

well coach JB decided it was best to pull cooney and played baye down the stretch .we won the friggin' game. if we had lost you may indeed have an argument . or are you simply quibbling about margin of victory?

Dude your routine was old a long time ago.

Rakeem is stepping up, BMK is not. That is my argument. Rak scores, rebounds and blocks the shots.

I'm arguing for the sake of conversation and my opinion. I'm aware my basketball intellect is well below JB's. This is a fan forum though, so I'm allowed to say what's on my mind to discuss issues and maybe get a new look at them from other posters.

I don't post to piss people off.

Rak played great today (only saw the second half, I'll admit). Had great seals down low. Easily most athletic big. Didn't see Coleman but I'm guessing he was pulled early.

Offensively, Rak/Dc >> Baye. And defensively, Rak/Dc are closing the gap, particularly Rak. Don't forget, rebounding is part of defense.

Rak played great today (only saw the second half, I'll admit). Had great seals down low. Easily most athletic big. Didn't see Coleman but I'm guessing he was pulled early.

Offensively, Rak/Dc >> Baye. And defensively, Rak/Dc are closing the gap, particularly Rak. Don't forget, rebounding is part of defense.

I thought DC played well today. He got a couple stupid fouls called on him that I have a real problem with - seems like he gets called for touch fouls when the guards for the Johnnies were allowed much more 'latitude.'

That's what I'm seeing. However, I'm a big advocate of DCII...but I just don't see him closing the gap defensively. I think Rak has closed the gap, and the fact that he's stepping up on offense enough where our guards and forwards are looking for him inside means that he may be our guy.

All of our bigs got stupid today when the guards drove the lane. Got called for fouls for trying to block shots that they would have probably gotten if they had just stayed on their feet. Need to be smarter and understand who has the ball.

Coleman was pulled from the game because of his defense. We won the game down the stretch because the defense shut down St Johns. Keita was on the floor at that time. I agree with you that Rak was good today and showed some good offensive moves.

JB needs to get to the pt where he trusts cole In big mins down the stretch IMO. We needed his rebounding and low post physicality. bMK and rak just not enough better on d than Cole IMO, altho Rak showed some nice fire today, nice step Frwd. But when he went out would rather see cole over BMK at some pt this season...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom