BMK | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

BMK

Coleman was pulled from the game because of his defense. We won the game down the stretch because the defense shut down St Johns. Keita was on the floor at that time. I agree with you that Rak was good today and showed some good offensive moves.

As others have said, the shut down of SJU also coincided with Silent G being on the floor and playing better D on the guards. Not because of BMK. At one point BMK was out on the three line essentially playing MTM on one of the bigs for St. Johns. And our guards couldn't figure out what to do because of it.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...I guess the HOF Coach doesn't know what he is doing. It is lucky that we can win despite him.
he's won once in 40 years. do that in march and u lose

Trueblue25 said:
Our D settled down because G shut down Harrison and helped with the key.

We play zone.

The team stepped up their defense.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Keita had as many Rebs as the other 2. None are glass cleaners. I like the fact he at least understands defense and spacing and how:where to move. Coleman is coming along offensively but every time he scores he gives it back because he still can't get out on the 6-10 footers. I liked Christmas's improvement on offense too.

bozophobe said:
Keita did get a couple of huge rebounds toward the end - the uneqiovocal, established position/2 hand grab variety, as opposed to the usual over-the-back , pointless volleyball finger tap bullshit. It was surprising to see Boeheim put him in so late, even with Rak and Coleman's fouls.

He plays late because he by far understands how to play our defense the best.

rrlbees said:
He plays late because he by far understands how to play our defense the best. Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

I want keita in the game at the end

We play zone.

The team stepped up their defense.

The players who noticeably stepped up their defense were Grant and Gbinije. Xmas had a few gems too.

We are 245th in the nation in Opponent Offensive Rebounding %. Nearly every 3 shots by the opposing team we give them a second chance. Not all the blame is on BMK, not by a stretch. But the defensive rebounding is noticeably stronger when the other two centers are in.

I'm all for BMK getting considerable PT if he can step up his rebounding to where it has been the past 3 years.

I don't think we have any idea if we have any glass cleaners at C. Each center averages only 15-20 minutes.

If we have a glass cleaner its Coleman. 5 rebounds per 15 minutes played is impressive.

Of the three, with St Johns, I think Christmas had the best game. Both Christmas and Coleman had some nice offensive plays which was nice.

I think last year Keita had a slow start. Last year he seemed to have a much bigger impact as the season wore on.

Trueblue25 said:
The players who noticeably stepped up their defense were Grant and Gbinije. Xmas had a few gems too. We are 245th in the nation in Opponent Offensive Rebounding %. Nearly every 3 shots by the opposing team we give them a second chance. Not all the blame is on BMK, not by a stretch. But the defensive rebounding is noticeably stronger when the other two centers are in. I'm all for BMK getting considerable PT if he can step up his rebounding to where it has been the past 3 years.

You realize they each had 3 defensive rebounds today, Rak and Baye in the same mins.

You realize they each had 3 defensive rebounds today, Rak and Baye in the same mins.

That stat line tells half the story. In my opinion the defensive rebounding was much more formidable with Rak in.

The difference between Rak and Keita on defense is getting so marginal that I think Rak stepping up on offense should justify him getting more and more minutes.

he's won once in 40 years. do that in march and u lose

ZZZZZZZZ..... That's me falling asleep from boredom over your predictable posts.

So lame.

Trueblue25 said:
That stat line tells half the story. In my opinion the defensive rebounding was much more formidable with Rak in. The difference between Rak and Keita on defense is getting so marginal that I think Rak stepping up on offense should justify him getting more and more minutes.

Your argument was the defensive rebounding. So what is the other 1/2 of the story related to that?

This is what I think is happening. Keita fueled some great things last year towards the end and people thought that was the Keita we'd get this year. But, in all honesty, it's not. He's struggling. It doesn't take away from his contributions over the full career, but right now, he just really isn't playing very good basketball. It's ok to be honest about that. Sure, he does stuff that doesn't show up in the box score, but on the stuff that does show up in the box score... it's not overwhelming. He's averaging 2 points (barely), 3 boards, and a block a game in about 15 minutes a game. He's never been a stat stuffer, but even acknowledging that he isn't making much happen when he's on the floor.

One odd note though - he currently has 6 assists on the season. His career high assists for a season is 7.

Your argument was the defensive rebounding. So what is the other 1/2 of the story related to that?

I'm just gonna say this... it's nothing personal, strictly business. The past year or 2 we've been better with BMK in. This year we are better with Rak.

He's better rebounding on both ends. He's becoming an offensive presence. The guards look to pass him the ball. He is a good passer. He's been solid from the free throw line. He is also a blocking machine.

I feel good whenever we have Ennis, Cooney/Gbinije, Fair, Grant and Xmas on the floor.

Rak was great today, but his rebounding shouldn't be an asset to his playing time. Take the Colgate game out of the equation and he is averaging 3 boards/gm on 21 minutes. Not Rodmanlike stats. Wish he could be a more aggressive rebounder. Still hoping, but my fingers have been crossed for over 2 years. Just saying.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom