BMOC... | Syracusefan.com

BMOC...

A Clockwork Orange

2022 Cali Winner (Overall Record)
I know I'll get slaughtered for this, but for a long time (since early January-late December) it seems as if MCW is playing for draft stock instead of for the team. That's not true (at least I hope it's not) but he has made some very, very poor and very, very selfish decisions in critical moments of games throughout this month.

The 'Ville game it paid off, other games (especially this one) it really hasn't. You can almost tell that there are points in the 2nd half of games where he decides "it's MY time." Cue the drive to the hoop or pull up three.

To be honest, I actually LIKE that attitude...from John Wallace and Carmelo Anthony. I don't like it as much from a guy who just doesn't have the tools to do that all the time. And that's the biggest problem with MCW -- he thinks he's better than he is. He thinks he's the BMOC every game every time down the court, regardless of whether that's true or not.

He was this fantastic amalgam of talents early on in the year, and really seemed like he made his teammates better because of his play. I'm not sure if it was the press clippings or the draft chatter about him, but he is definitely looking for 'his' a lot more right now. I get that James is out, and people need to pick up the slack. He's not the one that has to do it all the time though. He needs to learn better how to pick his spots, and when to pass to the hot hand. He didn't do that today.

Let's not even get started with the free throw shooting, especially in the clutch. Yikes.

I know I'll get slaughtered for this, but for a long time (since early January-late December) it seems as if MCW is playing for draft stock instead of for the team. That's not true (at least I hope it's not) but he has made some very, very poor and very, very selfish decisions in critical moments of games throughout this month.

The 'Ville game it paid off, other games (especially this one) it really hasn't. You can almost tell that there are points in the 2nd half of games where he decides "it's MY time." Cue the drive to the hoop or pull up three.

To be honest, I actually LIKE that attitude...from John Wallace and Carmelo Anthony. I don't like it as much from a guy who just doesn't have the tools to do that all the time. And that's the biggest problem with MCW -- he thinks he's better than he is. He thinks he's the BMOC every game every time down the court, regardless of whether that's true or not.

He was this fantastic amalgam of talents early on in the year, and really seemed like he made his teammates better because of his play. I'm not sure if it was the press clippings or the draft chatter about him, but he is definitely looking for 'his' a lot more right now. I get that James is out, and people need to pick up the slack. He's not the one that has to do it all the time though. He needs to learn better how to pick his spots, and when to pass to the hot hand. He didn't do that today.

Let's not even get started with the free throw shooting, especially in the clutch. Yikes.

Agreed. I made a very similar post in my thread "some numbers".

High risk, high reward type player. Your "selfishness" point rings true to me and seems to be the best way to describe a lot of what I've seen of him to this juncture. No doubt his overall assist numbers would seem to belie this point, but in crucial moments (both off and on the court to this point in his career it would appear) this seems to be accurate.

Kid is so hyper-confident that he's the man, that it's coming off as selfish play. Have to think it's got to be up to JB to reign this in, but clearly to this point at least, he's not gonna do it. We'll see after today is he makes him give it up more to triche at games end like he probably should do.

Can't say it's not true but I'd chalk it up more to MCW's immaturity. He's a sophomore who didn't play much as a freshman. It's growing pains. The staff will point these shortcomings out to him and if he's smart he will look in the mirror and learn and change. The difference is that now these guys don't stay for a 4 year college career.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom