Bo Ryan

a

• a

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • a

Votes: 2 100.0%

• Total voters
@darrenrovell
6 hours & 20 minutes after Bo Ryan's @MikeAndMike interview, Wisconsin re-evaluates & let's Uthoff transfer outside Big Ten.

After all this pressure it's gonna be funny when he commits to Creighton.

If there is no restriction on coaches moving to other schools, there should damn well be no restrictions on players transferring.

As I think was noted, there are restrictions on coaches...most have contracts and can't go elsewhere unless they are released from the contract by the University, have a specific out that allows them to terminate it under particular circumstances or it expires.

If Dashonte, about as marginal a player as we've had recently, wanted to transfer to UK to be a backup's backup just for insurance purposes, this place would have gone nuts, and we have almost 0% chance of playing Kentucky.

Now imagine if it was a disgruntled freshman, like Dion, who wasn't exactly a fan favorite at this time last year.

Ryan's a stupid dick but give Wisky fans a break.

I've never seen this place go nuts over a transfer.

How many of Boheim's transfers have gone to a comparable school? None that I can think off the top of my head.
Off the top of my head, I can only think of 2 who went to another BCS school - Richard Manning (SU to Washington) and Matt Roe (SU to Maryland).

Off the top of my head, I can only think of 2 who went to another BCS school - Richard Manning (SU to Washington) and Matt Roe (SU to Maryland).
Keith Hughs went to Rutgers...I think. Bobby Lazor had a fine career at ASU...I think.

Tony Bland went to San Diego St. Obviously not the San Diego St. now, but helped to build the program. I just looked at his profile and realized he is an assistant there now.

Keith Hughs went to Rutgers...I think. Bobby Lazor had a fine career at ASU...I think.
Earl Duncan also transferred to Rutgers due to lack of PT behind Sherm Douglass. Had he stayed, it would have been him (and not the oft-lamented Kenny Anderson) who as a senior would have led the loaded 89-90 team to glory.

Other BCS school transfers include two McD All Americans who transferred to ACC schools - Rodney Walker to Maryland and Michael Brown to Clemson; and then there was Glenn Sekunda to Penn St., George Papadakos to Michigan State, and Mike Jones to South Carolina.

Yup, you're right. I fanned on Bobby Lazor. Still have trouble thinking of Rutgers as a BCS school - so you can understand my missing Hughes. ;) There was also another SU transfer with Hughes at RU - Earl Duncan?

Ah, Moqui confirmed Duncan. Good to know my memory hasn't gone totally to s***.

Still have trouble thinking of Rutgers as a BCS school
With good reason - at the time, they weren't. Even though the BCS didn't exist at the time, we probably all agree that we are talking about Big 6 conferences. Rutgers was Atlantic 10 at the time Duncan & Hughes transferred.

As I think was noted, there are restrictions on coaches...most have contracts and can't go elsewhere unless they are released from the contract by the University, have a specific out that allows them to terminate it under particular circumstances or it expires.

If there are restrictions on coaches, then they are never applied.

What if the duke player wanted to transfer to wisc. would ryan turn him down on the off chance of having to play them?

and what about the first round of the ncaa tournament? if i was on the committee i would make damn sure those two programs would meet first.