Bob Burton ... re UConn football, Coach P, etc... a must read... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Bob Burton ... re UConn football, Coach P, etc... a must read...

UConn.jpg

He's always been pissed P didn't make his son a captain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Corporate raider, hedge fund guy, UConn grad...you know...actually, just nevermind.

anomander said:
did he actually say Uconn needs to be landing 4 and 5 star recruits? what planet is he living on

I loved that.

So Edsall recruited 4 and 5 stars?

Huh?

I really hope that Mr. Burton helps run the UConn athletic department.

"If you can't get these four- and five-star recruits, you're not going to have a winning program," Burton said. "You just don't stay in business that way."

Yes we're all laughing at that one.

I'll take his $3M if he wants to give it to us.

It's not like UConn is paying attention to him anyway (nor should they).

Yeah, once the check clears, we'll make sure you have influence. (Throws cell phone in Onondaga Lake)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1

I knew Joey well, when I was in high school he mentored me with my workout regimens and emailed with me consistently. He was a hero to me at the time and always took time to give me advice. Agreed CTO, he was a class act.

Reactions: cto
An overly-opinionated, out-of-touch heavily involved in athletics? Who would have guessed it?

Joey Burton was/is a very nice young man. He was our starting center on our last really good team (2001) which lost only one game in the Big East. Don't cast the sins of the father on the son. Joey is a loyal SU alum who supports our program.
wasn't throwing dirt at the kid....someone was saying he was a bust. I was defending the kid. I just remember a top line blew his knee out horsing around.you know kids being kids

wasn't throwing dirt at the kid....someone was saying he was a bust. I was defending the kid. I just remember a top line blew his knee out horsing around.you know kids being kids
Matt Neenan?

I think you are thinking of Matt Neenan, a HS AA OL from Williamsport who played at SU circa 1991-92 before blowing out his knee roughhousing in the locker room.

Neenan Was a Big Edsall Fan

With Paul gone and my memory of Mr. Burton refreshed, I feel a little relieved this week.

So easy to fully hate that institution, their degenerate fans, and their POS "top booster." May he continue to fling money at an irrelevant, mid-major program.

I just read something about four and five star football players willingly living in Storrs for four years. Hilarious. They should start paying their kids, they might have a shot there.

I have no problem with a guy pulling support from a program that makes an obviously horrible decision. However, a donor giving interviews about it and publicly expressing that he should have influence over decisions is ridiculous. Everyone knows donors have influence, but how often do we know the donors by name?

Last edited:
I have no problem with a guy pulling support from a program that makes an obviously horrible decision. However, a donor giving interviews about it and publicly expressing that he should have influence over decisions is ridiculous. Everyone knows donors have influence, but how often do we know the donors by name?

Yeah -- Burton should not have his name on athletic buildings. He should do his complaining on the internet, anonymously. Like we do.