Bob Chesney | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Bob Chesney

How about we announce that Chesney will be the new coach and introduced at halftime of the game Saturday and he will address the crowd.

sloth no GIF

That totally takes the emphasis off the Seniors, and the game.

Announce it Monday.

Run through those brick walls.

Chesney was a captain and all-conference safety at Dickinson College, where he majored in religion.

“I said, ‘You’re at a school that’s noted for law, and you’re going to major in religion?’ ” Bob Sr., who is a retired teacher, recalled. ‘“What are you going to do with that?’ He said, ‘It doesn’t matter, Dad. I’m going to coach,’ and that’s exactly what happened.”

He has a younger family.

I was told things during the last HC search that came true. Timing was impeccable too.

This time around, I got nothing but a gut feeling. He just checks a lot of boxes. Almost all of them.

Be nice to have some P5 experience but it is what it is. This is what I see…

1) Young Coach, relatively, that can relate more to the youth.
2) Excellent track record of success and development at literally every HC stop he’s had. At the end of the day, football’s football. If you can coach, you can coach.
3) Northeast experience - check.
4) AD’s going to love that we can most likely get him cheaper than most candidates. Whether we’ve got it to spend or not, we can reallocate additional funds on staff/program/etc.
5) Hey, he might bring a QB, BONUS!
6) Going to be a guy that could grow with the program.

I just think it’s a good fit. Hell, we’re due to catch lightning in a bottle.

His personality is so likeable that they weren’t certain a few years ago if he was as good of a football mind as he came off bc he’s quite likeable and normal. So I think they just were curious if the team and players developed
Thank you.

He will need experienced coordinators if he gets the job. Any thoughts?

His 2022 OC, Chris Smith (former UB GA), is ast OL coach with Giants. Seems like logical choice as OL coach. Current OC Dean Kennedy (UofR grad) just finished first year. Better suited for QB coach it seems. Opening for experienced OC?

As for DC, his DC Scott James (masters from UAlbany) has been with him the entire time at HC. Could see Chesney sticking with him.

Just some thoughts..

He will need experienced coordinators if he gets the job. Any thoughts?

His 2022 OC, Chris Smith (former UB GA), is ast OL coach with Giants. Seems like logical choice as OL coach. Current OC Dean Kennedy (UofR grad) just finished first year. Better suited for QB coach it seems. Opening for experienced OC?

As for DC, his DC Scott James (masters from UAlbany) has been with him the entire time at HC. Could see Chesney sticking with him.

Just some thoughts..
Ed Orgeron!!!

Obviously this will be done by the 4th but I wonder if it gets done this week.

Reactions: FAL
Just what has BC's athletic department done in the last 30 years that would lead you to believe they have any clue about anything.
Dunno bro weird duck.

Inbetween us not getting an invo and they did that program was killer. They were way better than anyone else that’s currently ACC in that time. I don’t think it’s disuputable they were top 10 most of those years nationally. With no fanbase.

Nothing to do with right now. Other than snagging their guy.

Patriots are a dumpster Brady is gone and the ACC blows (let’s all realize the scheduling changed and there’s a ton of gimme games) of this guy is actually an ace he’ll win at BC.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom