Bob Chesney | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

Bob Chesney

I just read a couple things about/from Chesney. I think he’s the guy. He had some things to say about ST’s that really sound like the little slip JW had today.
What was the JW slip?

I agree. Its really weird.

People are absolutely clamoring for this coach I never heard of from a program I never think about.

Fine as a mention, but when he is coming in as the seeming #1 in some people's minds over some of the other options, dudes with NFL and P5 experience, that is weird to me.
Because he wins wherever he goes. If you know football, it translates. Getting some retread “name” might make some dolts happy, but we need a coach who knows how to win. This dude does.

The more you read and learn about this guy, the more impressive he seems. It’s a little bit of a gamble, but he’s a winner. He checks off a couple of things Wildhack mentioned:
1. Great communicator
2. Northeast ties
3. intricate in his organization and preparation
4. Developer of talent
5. special teams success

Big question is can he recruit at the power five level? He definitely has the personality to be a good recruiter.

The more you read and learn about this guy, the more impressive he seems. It’s a little bit of a gamble, but he’s a winner. He checks off a couple of things Wildhack mentioned:
1. Great communicator
2. Northeast ties
3. intricate in his organization and preparation
4. Developer of talent
5. special teams success

Big question is can he recruit at the power five level? He definitely has the personality to be a good recruiter.
Him personally recruiting isn’t as important as hiring assistants that are solid recruiters.

I’ll take a HC that is a good leader, good decision maker on the field, runs a disciplined program, and develops talent over a HC who is an ace recruiter any day.

One of their posters saying they lost to BC by 3 and we lost to them by 7 at home, so therefor Syracuse is an awful job… Have to love fan logic when their star boy coach is about to get poached :cool:

This thread about to get a lot longer.
Ok Go Reaction GIF

I was told things during the last HC search that came true. Timing was impeccable too.

This time around, I got nothing but a gut feeling. He just checks a lot of boxes. Almost all of them.

Be nice to have some P5 experience but it is what it is. This is what I see…

1) Young Coach, relatively, that can relate more to the youth.
2) Excellent track record of success and development at literally every HC stop he’s had. At the end of the day, football’s football. If you can coach, you can coach.
3) Northeast experience - check.
4) AD’s going to love that we can most likely get him cheaper than most candidates. Whether we’ve got it to spend or not, we can reallocate additional funds on staff/program/etc.
5) Hey, he might bring a QB, BONUS!
6) Going to be a guy that could grow with the program.

I just think it’s a good fit. Hell, we’re due to catch lightning in a bottle.
Thank you!! I agree it’s a terrific fit.

One of their posters saying they lost to BC by 3 and we lost to them by 7 at home, so therefor Syracuse is an awful job… Have to love fan logic when their star boy coach is about to get poached :cool:
U Mass beat New Mexico State. New Mexico State beat Auburn. Yep, just as Cous would tell you, U Mass is a better job than Auburn

U Mass beat New Mexico State. New Mexico State beat Auburn. Yep, just as Cous would tell you, U Mass is a better job than Auburn
Side note - how the hell is New Mexico St 9-3? lol.

That board... goes to show our board ain't so bad. Some poster stating they should bump his salary to 750k a year to keep him... LOL oh ok.
There’s also multiple posters there saying they hate Syracuse and how we’re (the fans) insufferable. What did we ever do to Holy Cross? (Besides take their beloved HC in a couple days of course:cool:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom