Bob Chesney | Page 40 | Syracusefan.com

Bob Chesney

It's hard to win in the SEC
It's less challenging to win in the Patriot League.
He hasn't gone/been anywhere.
Nobody cares about Buffalo wins or near wins.
Stop acting like he's Andy Reid.
I'll get behind him, but hope for Wildhack's sake he considered all the options in this supposed national search.
If reading Chesney's career accolades made you think of Andy Reid then that's even more reason to hire him! :)

Chesney v Candle
Both good coaches
Candle at a higher level as may be some coaches he brings with him
Candle only has one player from east of Ohio.
Chesney a positive high energy guy. Candle I don't know one way or the other

Had a few minutes to kill, looking at the Holy Cross roster

New Jersey
26​
Massachusetts
18​
Florida
14​
Texas
7​
New York
7​
Illinois
5​
Pennsylvania
5​
Virginia
4​
New Hampshire
4​
Michigan
4​
Indiana
2​
California
2​
Ohio
2​
Maryland
1​
Missouri
1​
Georgia
1​
Rhode Island
1​
Tennessee
1​
Connecticut
1​
Canada
1​
St. Francis (N.Y.)

Notable High Schools

Saint IgnatiusOhio
CurtisNY
Don BoscoNJ
St Peters PrepNJ
St. Joseph RegionalNJ
Gulliver PrepFL
Brother RiceMI
DePaul CatholicNJ
Bergen CatholicNJ
DelbartonNJ
Christopher ColumbusFL
PlantFL
DwyerFL
SpartaNJ
West OrangeNJ
JesuitFL - Tampa

Many high level football playing Catholic schools. That's a good thing.

Fair but they are mostly zero star guys according to 247.

Can he get the 4 star guys? Thats the leap of which I speak.

Let’s go with Chesney. He’s an excellent communicator, not old, he will be in P4 soon. Just get it done at this point. I’m less worried about recruiting with him to be honest and more worried if he is that sort of Dino mold of “players coach”.

I am still pissed off at what appears to be a last minute fall out with Mullen, likely due to money, but this is what happens during coaching searches and I do not know what actually happened. It’s time to move on, pound the portal, and get ready for the most important O and D hires in basically ever.

Win Games. There is risk, but that risk can go well.
someone at the P5 is gonna give him a shot at some point.. Its not like we are a top 40 job right now to be so picky

With Chesney are we looking going back to the ground and pound game with a Tampa 2 defense?

IMG_8499.jpeg
Crosssports board seems to think it’s a wrap. They (rightfully, imo) are mocking many Cuse fans for saying chesney isn’t qualified. Also, orangeunited guy following

who knows, Mullin may have just been a guy they asked opinions about other coaches with.

The only way we are getting 4-star guys is if we get in early and beat out the top 25 programs. His relationships with powerhouse HS programs are a good start. Being a younger, high-energy guy helps as well.

In all fairness, not many HC at Cuse in recent years have got a lot of 4 star guys. What BChes has been able to do is build and win consistently with challenging variables with which to work. I don’t know if he can be successful here, but that’s an impressive resume to build a sustainable program…at least on paper.

Last edited:
There’s our plug and play LT for next year. Not a stretch since Enrique never had a PFF score over 49.5 this year.
Especially if Chesney is our guy and we get Sluka from the portal.

From what I can tell from some videos it seems with Chesney we would be going back to old school brand of football. Run first and Cover 2 on defense.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom