Bob Wylie | Syracusefan.com

Bob Wylie

OrangePA

Hall of Fame
From the where are they now department, just noticed that former Greg Robinson OL Coach, Bob Wylie is the OL Coach for your Oakland Raiders.

Bob Wylie used to do card and magic tricks for the student section my Fr. yr he wasn't much of a coach, but had a good sense of humor and likable guy.

Bob Wylie used to do card and magic tricks for the student section my Fr. yr he wasn't much of a coach, but had a good sense of humor and likable guy.
Lol, What are you serious? Adds more to why our oline was Swiss cheese.

He must have been a good magician. Almost made SU football disappear.

Wylie is a very good coach, that is why he is still in the NFL.

Lol, What are you serious? Adds more to why our oline was Swiss cheese.
Dead serious my friends and I would get into the Dome when they would let us, and he would come out while the team was warming up, and would do card tricks. Each game he did something different it was sad. By the USF game that year we all had paper bags and on our heads and he said he would make them disappear.

Dead serious my friends and I would get into the Dome when they would let us, and he would come out while the team was warming up, and would do card tricks. Each game he did something different it was sad. By the USF game that year we all had paper bags and on our heads and he said he would make them disappear.
That is simply amazing. Thanks for sharing. Even more reason to completely forget those grob years.

That is simply amazing. Thanks for sharing. Even more reason to completely forget those grob years.
They had to entertain the fans somehow.

Wylie is a very good coach, that is why he is still in the NFL.
He is an ok NFL coach who is really well liked which is why he has a job. On the college level he wasnt very good. Coaches are teachers and very few of them have the ability to coach youth as well as adults. Just like school. Most college profs would make poor primary teachers. The same is true at all levels of coaching and Bob just couldnt cut the college level. Still i think he was cursed by our OQ who will go down as one of if not the worst OQ in the history of the sport

He is an ok NFL coach who is really well liked which is why he has a job. On the college level he wasnt very good. Coaches are teachers and very few of them have the ability to coach youth as well as adults. Just like school. Most college profs would make poor primary teachers. The same is true at all levels of coaching and Bob just couldnt cut the college level. Still i think he was cursed by our OQ who will go down as one of if not the worst OQ in the history of the sport

He was a good college OL coach the first time around. But after being in the NFL for so long, going back to college was tough and I had heard he had a tough time doing the "teaching" thing again. But he got right back into the pro's, first CFL and now the NFL for the last 2 years, so he must be a good OL coach as I said. There are plenty of people in the world that are well liked, they don't all become lifetime coaches.

Yes, Wylie is a professional magician.

He is also a very successful investor.

A sharp guy who by the time he arrived in Syracuse was probably not cut out to be a college coach.

Brian Pariani is still an NFL TE coach with the Texans.

Oh the memories of that first staff.

Yes, Wylie is a professional magician.

He is also a very successful investor.

A sharp guy who by the time he arrived in Syracuse was probably not cut out to be a college coach.

Another funny tidbit about Wylie. He couldn't pass the NCAA recruiting test so he couldn't go on the road. Wonder if he failed on purpose.

Another funny tidbit about Wylie. He couldn't pass the NCAA recruiting test so he couldn't go on the road. Wonder if he failed on purpose.
Wow.

Good call.

He def failed it on purpose, the guy wasn't dumb just fat and lazy when he was here, much like his O Line, sorry

He def failed it on purpose, the guy wasn't dumb just fat and lazy when he was here, much like his O Line, sorry
if he were a better magician, he'd make his vagomach disappear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom