Bobby Acosta new HC at IMG Academy | Syracusefan.com

Bobby Acosta new HC at IMG Academy

BillSU

All American

What a great connection! Bobby Acosta who coached here for two years is now the head football coach at IMG per Nate Mink, PS. Many elite athletes at all positions attend IMG especially QB's and WR's. Definitely a great pipeline for us. Hopeful this works - should, Acosta asking Babers to call!

Players from IMG on our roster: Andre Cisco, Mikel Jones, Kevin Johnson, Jr, Juan Wallace.

“And hopefully Coach Babers gives me a call and we can get him a couple kids. We’re going to create a couple things, possibly a quarterback academy, a special teams academy, so we can attract more people."

P-S: Well, you still have to do some recruiting.

Acosta: “And you know me, I’m good at it, right?”

Last edited:

What a great connection! Bobby Acosta who coached here for two years is now the head football coach at IMG per Nate Mink, PS.

“And hopefully Coach Babers gives me a call and we can get him a couple kids. We’re going to create a couple things, possibly a quarterback academy, a special teams academy, so we can attract more people."

P-S: Well, you still have to do some recruiting.

Acosta: “And you know me, I’m good at it, right?”

Saw this. Could be HUUUUUUUUUGGGE for us moving forward.

Acosta was one of my favorite assistants from the Shafer era. Great guy. Great motivator. Great personality. So incredibly excited for him to have this opportunity. Could be beneficial for Syracuse as well.

Acosta was one of my favorite assistants from the Shafer era. Great guy. Great motivator. Great personality. So incredibly excited for him to have this opportunity. Could be beneficial for Syracuse as well.

He blocked me on Twitter for virtually no reason at all, so I'm not a big fan! He can make it up to me by sending Cuse some 4 and 5 star talent!

If we wanted a recruiter he would have been good but don't think any ties to Babers at all.

Who fired him from Syracuse? Coyle?

Who fired him from Syracuse? Coyle?
Babers didn't keep any holdovers from Shafer's staff. Glad it doesn't seem he holds a grudge. he wouldn't be a bad hire for us.

What’s the pay like at a job like this? I’m assuming pretty good.

Babers didn't keep any holdovers from Shafer's staff. Glad it doesn't seem he holds a grudge. he wouldn't be a bad hire for us.
That's what I am most curious about. He's a human so it'd be understandable if he had some bad feelings, either consciously or subconsciously, toward SU.

That's what I am most curious about. He's a human so it'd be understandable if he had some bad feelings, either consciously or subconsciously, toward SU.
It sounds like he doesn't. I'm sure we'll be fine. One of our best players came from there and he wasn't a 4 or 5 star stud. That is a great selling point for IMG.

I never understood all the praise for BA on this board. Full disclosure, i do not know him personally, have never met him and have zero inside info. That being said, this board ranted and raved about him and what a loss he was. I offer the following evidence (unlike the GOP)...

1. We stunk under coach Shafer (2 seasons as WR Coach)
2. WR Coach at Cornell
3. OC/QB at Bucknell (2 seasons)
4. 1 Season as OC at College of St Scholastica
5. HS Head Coach

The guy never got a sniff from any of the NE P5 schools, and thats not exactly the kind of career trajectory one is looking for. Again, nothing against this guy, if he's happy as a HS head coach thats all that matters. I'm just saying, that this board thought he was god, and well the evidence speaks for itself.

I never understood all the praise for BA on this board. Full disclosure, i do not know him personally, have never met him and have zero inside info. That being said, this board ranted and raved about him and what a loss he was. I offer the following evidence (unlike the GOP)...

2. WR Coach at Cornell
5. HS Head Coach

The guy never got a sniff from any of the NE P5 schools, and thats not exactly the kind of career trajectory one is looking for. Again, nothing against this guy, if he's happy as a HS head coach thats all that matters. I'm just saying, that this board thought he was god, and well the evidence speaks for itself.
I don't recall the fawning. Maybe I'm getting old.

2. WR Coach at Cornell
5. HS Head Coach

Don't really remember all the praising other than he did his job, seemed like a good guy. Being Head Coach at one of the premier high schools in Florida is a pretty nice gig.

2. WR Coach at Cornell
5. HS Head Coach

Again, hyperbole. No one thought he was Saban. However, he was probably our best NJ recruiter in the last 15 years (not that there's a ton of competition)