Bobby Knight Had His Players By the ... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Bobby Knight Had His Players By the ...

The guy was a great basketball coach, but an absolute bully. I have no respect for him, because he has no respect for others. He physically abused people. There's no place for people like that.

... You know what you are getting when you sign up to play for him. He also never allowed a kid to miss class and you can say what you want about him but he did a lot of good things for kids off the court that isn't talked about. I think many parents would like to know their kids are going to class and being held accountable even if some of his methods are bad.

Well, now we know the punishment for cutting class.

I wonder Coach Knight used that as a recruiting pitch to parents. "Don't worry folks, we will HOLD your son accountable. We keep a tight grip on our players."

Knight clutched his players' nuts out of love. Just trying to squeeze the most out of them.

our coach called it "welching".

welchs-grape-juice-every-grape-connected-large-4.jpg

also, he was considered extreme and looney in his own time , not just by today's standards

I can almost picture Knight in the traditional "chair" defensive position ready to block any escape from the dreaded clutch.

Here's a new theory.

1. Indiana was known for playing white guys.
  2. White guys can't jump

Coach Knight introduced the squeeze play to help them work on their vertical.

Would have been nice if one of those players had the balls to fight back by clocking him with an uppercut jaw breaker!

Would have been nice if one of those players had the balls to fight back by clocking him with an uppercut jaw breaker!

Maybe after graduating, and signing a long term NBA contract, and telling the story to the press before the punch!

But only then.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom