Boca Raton Bowl Updown

SWC75

Bored Historian
The Upside

- We’re free. Go to 2:19:10:

6-7 but tomorrow is another day.

Let’s Go Orange!

The Downside

- How ironic that the Dino Babers Era ended when we couldn’t defend a team playing a “hurry-up” offense when we were trying to make the wildcat, a retro offense derived from the single wing, work. Orange was the new slow.

- Well, somebody finally caught up to our Wildcat. The Bulls put 11 in the box and stuffed it. Villari threw it like a tight end who had never been a quarterback.

- Braden Davis, a 4 star recruit, show some ability to pass the ball. He might be in the mix in a couple of years after McCord leaves, (or when he gets hurt as all our quarterbacks seem to). But he was racked up a couple of times by our offensive line, which continues to be terrible at pass blocking. Two of Coach Brown’s lauded recruits are offensive linemen. He’ll need to do more in that area.

- Any chance of staying in the game was wiped out by the sequence in the first corner when Alijah “Cinco” Clark scooped up a backwards pass and motored 41 yards to the goal line, only to find that a teammate had made an unnecessary block in the back. When we tried a field goal, we re-created the famous Garo Yepremian play from Super Bowl 7 and we were down 0-14.

You knew nothing good was going to happen after that. And you were right.

- Close your eyes and imagine this.

Last edited:
I don’t think Braden Davis will be in any mix.

Disappointing performance regardless of the circumstances. Crossing the fingers Fran can work miracles.

It starts with pulling in Oline portal players. Let’s see how that goes.

Disappointing performance regardless of the circumstances. Crossing the fingers Fran can work miracles.

We honestly need to get a minimum of 6 more OL for this team. For depth.

What was amazing tonight was how little push the oline got.

Was it because USF knew there was no passing threat?

The runs were stuffed all game.

I think the reality for Fran Brown hit him tonight like a punch in the face. This program is in a world of hurt and it's gonna take a herculean effort to fix it. It seems like he's up to the challenge.

The Upside

- We’re free. Go to 2:19:10:

6-7 but tomorrow is another day.

Let’s Go Orange!

The Downside

- How ironic that the Dino Babers Era ended when we couldn’t defend a team playing a “hurry-up” offense when we were trying to make the wildcat, a retro offense derived from the single wing, work. Orange was the new slow.

- Well, somebody finally caught up to our Wildcat. The Bulls put 11 in the box and stuffed it. Villari threw it like a tight end who had never been a quarterback.

- Braden Davis, a 4 star recruit, show some ability to pass the ball. He might be in the mix in a couple of years after McCord leaves, (or when he gets hurt as all our quarterbacks seem to). But he was racked up a couple of times by our offensive line, which continues to be terrible at pass blocking. Two of Coach Brown’s lauded recruits are offensive linemen. He’ll need to do more in that area.

- Any chance of staying in the game was wiped out by the sequence in the first corner when Alijah “Cinco” Clark scooped up a backwards pass and motored 41 yards to the goal line, only to find that a teammate had made an unnecessary block in the back. When we tried a field goal, we re-created the famous Garo Yepremian play from Super Bowl 7 and we were down 0-14.

You knew nothing good was going to happen after that. And you were right.

Who are the 2 lauded lineman coming in? Silent signees no one knows about yet?

My thoughts:
- We need to find a way to add one more QB.
- We could use 2 more OL.
- Beck was better than I realized over the course of this season. In my mind, he has a really bright future.
- Tapping out with nearly 10 mins to go really p!ssed me off. 4th and 8 and at the 35, I’d have rather kicked than punt and both are bad decisions.
- closing the book and looking onward.

We honestly need to get a minimum of 6 more OL for this team. For depth.
Exactly, thank you. I just don’t agree that our OL is going to be serviceable without bringing in several new guys.

Carlos Del Rio Wilson and Braden Davis were both four star recruits who went to SE schools before transferring here: exactly what Garrett Shrader was. CDRW looked good vs. Notre Dame last year, then wilted in front of the Pitt defense: they have more sacks in this decade than any other NCAA school. Against BC he got so badly beaten up he hasn't been able to play since. Davis had attempted 5 passes vs. Colgate before tonight. Yet people are dismissing what they might be in the future based on the small sample they've seen so far. I'm not predicting greatness. I'm just saying let's give them a legitimate shot before we dismiss them.

McCord will be the guy next year, as long as he stays healthy. After that, we'll need someone else and it could be one of these two guys, just as it could be someone we recruit or pull out of the portal.

McCord will be the guy next year, as long as he stays healthy. After that, we'll need someone else and it could be one of these two guys, just as it could be someone we recruit or pull out of the portal.

McCord will not make it through the season with this line. They will get him hurt.

Here's hoping Fran can pull some rabbits out of hats with OL transfers in that regard, but the rebuild could certainly be more painful than hoped, if he can't.

McCord will not make it through the season with this line. They will get him hurt.

Here's hoping Fran can pull some rabbits out of hats with OL transfers in that regard, but the rebuild could certainly be more painful than hoped, if he can't.
The rebuild was always going to be painful. As usual many on this board put the horse before the cart. I think everyone got a firm slap in the face how far we have to go. I hope Fran has the intestinal fortitude for what lies ahead.

When you have five fumbles (2 lost), two interceptions, two turnovers returned for TDs, a TD taken off the board by a stupid penalty, that then led to a botched FG / turnover returned for six the opposite way, and you are playing in a gimmick offense being called by someone other than the innovator of that offense, with coaches who are not being retained, and by players not being retained, you get a 45-0 beat down.

Can't wait for Spring ball.

Very confident in the recruiting movement that is going to happen over next few weeks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom