Boeheim’s losingest season ever | Syracusefan.com

Boeheim’s losingest season ever

TinyManInside

Our only goal will be the western shores.
Baring a miracle of winning the ACCT or NIT, Syracuse will finish with 16 losses this year, the most ever by a Boeheim coached team. I can’t understand why so many people are surprised that we lost at Miami?

Its sad. This team plays hard, they really seem to be great teamates but they just dont have the talent to play with the top teams. We need someone to come step up. Somebody to save the day or its going to be the same next year.

Its sad. This team plays hard, they really seem to be great teamates but they just dont have the talent to play with the top teams. We need someone to come step up. Somebody to save the day or its going to be the same next year.
Miami is a top team now? :rolleyes:

in a twist of fate, it is mike hopkins' losingest season ever as well. . . and he outdid jb by beating him to the 16 loss level by 4 decades! great job, hciw!

With Hughes, we’re better. Without Hughes? We’re not better than too many P5 teams.
And were still losing at half. Although I’m quite confident with him we win that second half fairly easily.

Hughes looked a step slow to me from the start yesterday. Has it been confirmed that it was the late first half collision that took him down, or is it possible that he came in under the weather?

in a twist of fate, it is mike hopkins' losingest season ever as well. . . and he outdid jb by beating him to the 16 loss level by 4 decades! great job, hciw!

Yeah, there’s an entire thread about the crappy job Hopkins did with his team this year.

Baring a miracle of winning the ACCT or NIT, Syracuse will finish with 16 losses this year, the most ever by a Boeheim coached team. I can’t understand why so many people are surprised that we lost at Miami?

I know it won’t be the case, but no returning starter should have a lock on a starting gig going into next season.

JB needs to make magic happen bc right now we’re looking at another bad year.

I know Dior should come, barring the nba change happening before he would be eligible, and help save the day, but a lot can happen before then and the road is looking tough.

Hope I’m wrong. But the rest of the league is getting better and, IMO, we’re looking at another year of mediocrity (if that’s what we’re calling this).

BTW, I enjoy the players on the team. Seems like there is real camaraderie. They’ve been fun to watch at times. Easy to root for. However, at the end of the day, we need to win.

7-0 against teams the second time we played them. A maestro with the adjustments and phenomenal bench coach. Needs to get his recruiting chops back in a major way. We haven’t had a legit, no questions asked NBA player in years. We had 3 first round picks in the same year in 2012. Now we’ll have one guy per season who we hope gets picked in round 2.

04e610c458dc4601b91fbf541fdd967b.0.jpg

7-0 against teams the second time we played them. A maestro with the adjustments and phenomenal bench coach. Needs to get his recruiting chops back in a major way. We haven’t had a legit, no questions asked NBA player in years. We had 3 first round picks in the same year in 2012. Now we’ll have one guy per season who we hope gets picked in round 2.
where do you get the 7- 0 figure. off the top of my head I see UVA, Va Tech, Notre Dame & UNC. Thanks.

Only the second time in the JB tenure that we ended the season with a win, right?

Yes. The 2 probation seasons ended with BET loss to Seton Hall and ACCT loss to NC State.

Math can be difficult- it's understandable.
on the schedule, we had one of the easier, if not the easiest ACC schedule. We played the following teams twice:

Virginia
Georgia Tech
Pitt
BC
Notre Dame
Virginia Tech

Outside of Virginia not much there of the upper echelon teams in conference. Also remember we went 0 - 4 against power 5 conference teams in non league action and this is really where the season was lost.

Maybe if we had defeated a Virginia Tech or Notre Dame first time around (remember Va Tech literally had 4 scholarship players left when the new coach came in) and maybe if we went 2 - 2 vs power 5 out of conference, the tourney chances would have looked much better (assuming it was played). We were not even in the discussion. Maybe some better coaching first time (or only time) would have helped.

on the schedule, we had one of the easier, if not the easiest ACC schedule. We played the following teams twice:

Virginia
Georgia Tech
Pitt
BC
Notre Dame
Virginia Tech

Outside of Virginia not much there of the upper echelon teams in conference. Also remember we went 0 - 4 against power 5 conference teams in non league action and this is really where the season was lost.

Maybe if we had defeated a Virginia Tech or Notre Dame first time around (remember Va Tech literally had 4 scholarship players left when the new coach came in) and maybe if we went 2 - 2 vs power 5 out of conference, the tourney chances would have looked much better (assuming it was played). We were not even in the discussion. Maybe some better coaching first time (or only time) would have helped.

I was only pointing to the correct record in the second games of each opponent we played twice.

I was only pointing to the correct record in the second games of each opponent we played twice.
and I was pointing out beating BC, Pitt & Ga Tech twice is not a great accomplishment by any stretch of the imagination and losing to teams you only play once still counts as a loss. We had a real easy conference schedule this year. We get 4 of the other 8 teams in conference 2x next year. Pitt & BC as our annual 2x teams are historically (and more so this year) as close to 4 guaranteed wins as you can get. Maybe that will change, who knows.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom