Boeheim got schooled by a rookie coach | Syracusefan.com

Boeheim got schooled by a rookie coach

retro44

Living Legend
Kevin Oliie knew exactly how to take it to Boeheim's defense.Boeheim was very content on allowing u-con control the temple and flow of the whole game.

We got killed on the boards when it mattered,killed by better quicker and smarter players who listen to their coach.U-CON is also head and shoulders better than us at the free throw line.

what it all comes down to is the two shortest players on the court took us behind the woodshed and pounded us into oblivion with lesser talent on paper.

MCW has proven again he is not a lottery player,his assist to turnover ratio has gone from 3.4 to 1 as a freshmen to 2.1 to 1 this year. His 3 point percentage dropped almost 10% from last to within a few thousands of cooney's % .299 to .295.Lottery picks numbers just don't drop like a led zeppelin.There was a damn good reason why scoop played all those minutes last year and he didn't get drafted must mean something.

Then the arrogance to mock u-con is second to none

Bad game by JB. 99% of the coaches in the world in every sport ever invented would have choked JS when he shot that 40ft 3.

Kevin Oliie knew exactly how to take it to Boeheim's defense.Boeheim was very content on allowing u-con control the temple and flow of the whole game.

We got killed on the boards when it mattered,killed by better quicker and smarter players who listen to their coach.U-CON is also head and shoulders better than us at the free throw line.

what it all comes down to is the two shortest players on the court took us behind the woodshed and pounded us into oblivion with lesser talent on paper.

MCW has proven again he is not a lottery player,his assist to turnover ratio has gone from 3.4 to 1 as a freshmen to 2.1 to 1 this year. His 3 point percentage dropped almost 10% from last to within a few thousands of cooney's % .299 to .295.Lottery picks numbers just don't drop like a led zeppelin.There was a damn good reason why scoop played all those minutes last year and he didn't get drafted must mean something.

1) Agree with first point. Their guards owned our zone for a good 3-4 minute stretch leading to WIDE open shots. Frustrating. Again, as I've said here only to get attacked, the zone is very simple to beat as long as you execute efficiently. Luckily, our opponents haven't done the latter many times this year.

2) Front court didn't show up.

3) Napier and Boatright are good players and games aren't won on paper.

4) Agree with the premise of your post, but those turnovers/assists last year were made in garbage time.

5) Agreed about the . We deserve all we get from Uconn fans. I was a part of it, not because I thought Uconn was horrible and we would destroy them in the game, but because I just find it hilarious. Maybe it's because I'm only 22, or maybe it's because life is short.

1)
5) Agreed about the . We deserve all we get from Uconn fans. I was a part of it, not because I thought Uconn was horrible and we would destroy them in the game, but because I just find it hilarious. Maybe it's because I'm only 22, or maybe it's because life is short.

Screw that. This is what makes sports fun. Fans being fans. Doesnt change how I feel and if we won it wouldnt change how they feel.

I cant believe people are playing that card tonight. WEAK

Screw that. This is what makes sports fun. Fans being fans. Doesnt change how I feel and if we won it wouldnt change how they feel.

What card? If you're referring to the "card" of YOU SEE WHAT YOU GUYS DID BY SAYING , come on Marsh, you're better than that and I would hope to have gained more respect by now :)

What card? If you're referring to the "card" of YOU SEE WHAT YOU GUYS DID BY SAYING , come on Marsh, you're better than that and I would hope to have gained more respect by now :)

I wasnt referring to you dude. You are cool! I was referring to the OP last comments

we shot 65 shots they shot 45. They only had 8 more ft's so thets round that down to 16 more shots. I wouldn't call that outempo.

Saying has alot to do with jealousy. They have 3 titles in the last 20 years.

We did a poor job scoring inside. I thought our forwards would kill them inside tonight. When you settle for alot of jumpers on the road in front of a pumped up crowd of that caliber it can get very ugly.

the day before 9/11?
he was referring to the number of wins jb has. And uconn hit 6 straight 3's tonight. Good for them. Let's see them do it again. We have been beating UConn consistantly. Did JB school Calhoun when we were beating them in the Big East tourney in 4 of 5 years in this decade?

he was referring to the number of wins jb has. And uconn hit 6 straight 3's tonight. Good for them. Let's see them do it again. We have been beating UConn consistantly. Did JB school Calhoun when we were beating them in the Big East tourney in 4 of 5 years in this decade?[

Dasher Boeheim didn't coach against Calhoun tonight,he coached against a guy with a 1 year conditional contract.

100% agreed! This just made more real me!

the f-ucon stuff doesn't bother me at all,but some of the other stuff was over the top.

Ollie has a long term contract.

i guess you are right,the play by play guy i heard on the radio earlier today said he was on a 1 year contract:noidea:

Calhoun's players had the game plan to shred the zone for years, obviously Ollie learned well.

Can this team actually push the tempo against a good defensive team?

Jim Calhoun is in the stands, not dead.

No disrespect to Ollie, but anyone who thinks JC doesn't play a part in prepping them for a game like this is naive.

UConn knows how to beat us as much as any team. We still only lost by 8 and they shot a number they won't shoot the rest of the year from 3. It was some awful D but Boeheim sitting C.J. shows he's pissed about the D and trying to get that to be the main focus. I think he knows we can't win offensively unless we are hot from three (James not launching at any available spot would help) or Triche plays like he should, so we need to stress defense which wasn't good enough tonight.

We were exposed by quick guards who could get into the lane...a simple play that UConn kept running to get 3's...and a third-rate frontcourt that fought for every rebound.

The only good thing there is that there aren't many teams that have guards like Napier & Boatwright.

Or we missed a lot of shots. Lets not complicate this loss.

Reactions: MGP
the day before 9/11?

That would be 910 wins. A little reminder to the basketball experts on here as to how credible J.A.B. is and how non-credible their opinions are.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom