Boeheim gotta call timeout | Syracusefan.com

Boeheim gotta call timeout

CorduroyG

Hall of Fame
As soon as kaleb got the ball you knew he wasn't giving it up and u knew it was gonna end in either a charge or turnover. Terrible job JB.

As soon as kaleb got the ball you knew he wasn't giving it up and u knew it was gonna end in either a charge or turnover. Terrible job JB.
I agree. Should have called a timeout there. Can't leave these kids to their own devices at this point in the season. Coach has always said he likes to let his players make plays though, and sometimes thinks calling timeouts in those situations benefit the defense more than the offense.

I do agree with you though, in this case a timeout was warranted.

Kaleb made a really bad decision but that's part of the growing pains. Boeheim lets his players play.

I was fine with no timeout call. Kaleb has to know that a turnover like that is unacceptable and learn to trust his teammates instead of trying to do it all himself.

Kaleb made a really bad decision but that's part of the growing pains. Boeheim lets his players play.

I was fine with no timeout call. Kaleb has to know that a turnover like that is unacceptable and learn to trust his teammates instead of trying to do it all himself.

I think he is aware that a TO is unacceptable. Doesn't mean it isn't going to happen.

BTW, maybe add this to the thread I already started about the no TO?

True but Kaleb was just out of control. Looked like he just wanted to take it all the way to the rim...like foolish frehman. When he got cut off he didn't have a clue and gave it away. He has to get the ball to Rak or CMac for the shot. Kaleb was bad all 2nd half. Constantly left shooters wide open at the top of the key. Kept pulling up at the 3 pt line running the offense instead of penetrating and dishing to Rak and Chris. Outside of his two 3's I thought he played poorly. Hopefully he learns.

True but Kaleb was just out of control. Looked like he just wanted to take it all the way to the rim...like foolish frehman. When he got cut off he didn't have a clue and gave it away. He has to get the ball to Rak or CMac for the shot. Kaleb was bad all 2nd half. Constantly left shooters wide open at the top of the key. Kept pulling up at the 3 pt line running the offense instead of penetrating and dishing to Rak and Chris. Outside of his two 3's I thought he played poorly. Hopefully he learns.

Yup - soon as he started driving it felt like trouble. He hasn't shown much blow-by ability, I figured we'd end up with some awful runner that had no chance of going in...got the turnover instead.

Kaleb needs to practice dribbling through traffic, a week point for him. Should have got the ball to TC or G at the end but overall we played better than I thought we would before the game started.

Do we lose time with the timeout and have difficulties getting the ball in? On one side we have the timeout and all that can go wrong there vs getting the ball in easy and then the rest of what can go wrong. I am usually an optimist but in this case I really think eliminating at least one possibility of bad stuff happening is better. A Time Out allows Michigan to reset their defense and with the youth we have that might just be the worst thing we could have done.

JB has a always been on the side of the group of coaches that don't want to let the other teams "D" get set. Some coaches think they are better off doing that. So for calling it a bad job, thats only due to the fact it didn't work...this time. If it had worked and that was just as legitimate a possibility JB would not have been any smarter or better of a coach. He would just be the same coach we have always had using the same philosophy he always has.

The thing I liked best about the ending was actually after the final whistle when Cooney was playing "big brother and all will be all right" with Caleb. Thats how teams are made and teamwork develops. To me that is not a minor thing. By the end of the year or even sooner Caleb will be a hell of a lot better in end game situations. He has already shown a ton of mental development.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom