Boeheim live on Sportscenter next... | Syracusefan.com

Boeheim live on Sportscenter next...

Quick notes from the interview...

- Excited about being in the ACC
- Boeheim said the move to the ACC has produced the most season ticket sales in 1o years
- He believes the Duke game will sellout in 1 day, that was never done with Georgetown or UCONN
- He said that Duke/North Carolina will become instant rivalries for Cuse
- While discussing scheduling former Big East teams he said it is important to have a good non-conference schedule and that's why you'll see St. Johns, Nova, and Georgetown on the schedule in the future
- He was very happy CJ returned for his senior year, called it the happiest day of the year for him (he was happier that day than his wife's birthday or anniversary, but he doesn't think Julie will like that).

- More on CJ...said it is interesting to note that he was the leading scorer and rebounder on the team last year, but doesn't think the coach staff actually ran a single play for him. He said that will change this year, he is a complete player and the way CJ will improve will be getting him the ball more often. Finally, he said CJ is the key to the team's success this season.

I think that pretty much sums up the interview. As fun as the rookie season in the ACC has been for football, I am wildly excited for basketball in the ACC.

- Excited about being in the ACC
- Boeheim said the move to the ACC has produced the most season ticket sales in 1o years
- He believes the Duke game will sellout in 1 day, that was never done with Georgetown or UCONN
- He said that Duke/North Carolina will become instant rivalries for Cuse
- While discussing scheduling former Big East teams he said it is important to have a good non-conference schedule and that's why you'll see St. Johns, Nova, and Georgetown on the schedule in the future
- He was very happy CJ returned for his senior year, called it the happiest day of the year for him (he was happier that day than his wife's birthday or anniversary, but he doesn't think Julie will like that).

- More on CJ...said it is interesting to note that he was the leading scorer and rebounder on the team last year, but doesn't think the coach staff actually ran a single play for him. He said that will change this year, he is a complete player and the way CJ will improve will be getting him the ball more often. Finally, he said CJ is the key to the team's success this season.

I think that pretty much sums up the interview. As fun as the rookie season in the ACC has been for football, I am wildly excited for basketball in the ACC.

Great recap, thank you.

I always love me some good JB commentary, and share his excitement about CJ Fair.

Are we going to play Duke and Carolina every year at the Dome? If not, it won't be an "instant" rivalry.

- - While discussing scheduling former Big East teams he said it is important to have a good non-conference schedule and that's why you'll see St. Johns, Nova, and Georgetown on the schedule in the future

Notice any former big east team missing?
Paging Marsh...

I wonder if he's going to get any crap for when he said "charlotte's not that bad...there are alot of northerners here"

The question about how you have to get familiar with new teams and players doesn't really work these days, to be honest. I know it's part of the whole excitement about Syracuse joining the ACC, but the folks at ESPN have to know that these kids watch all of these teams on ESPN, CBS, etc all year, and more than that, many of them are familiar with one another from high school and the AAU and camp circuits. There's not a lot of mystery at the highest level of basketball, because these guys know all about one another.

We didn't play Georgetown and UConn 'every' year in the Dome (unfortunately).

Yeah, but some guys still look at the Big East circa 1985 when they complain about the ACC, rather than accepting the Big East for what it was in 2013. Sometimes when I read posts here I pray I don't turn into some whiney old guy complaining about how much better things were 30 years ago.

Yeah, but some guys still look at the Big East circa 1985 when they complain about the ACC, rather than accepting the Big East for what it was in 2013. Sometimes when I read posts here I pray I don't turn into some whiney old guy complaining about how much better things were 30 years ago.
Get off my lawn!

The one thing I took from this interview is jimmy knows this team can be special with CJ!

Hey, CT (your avatar)... maybe I'll vote for Trump if he winds up running for governor ... but not until he tells us what's living on his head.

I am that guy! But if I am alive 30 years from now, I might be saying the same thing about this little stretch we are enjoying right now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom