Boeheim needs a statement today... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Boeheim needs a statement today...

Doesn't matter what JB says at this point. If Fine goes down, JB goes down.

Can't call kids that were child-molested liars and in it for the money and expect to keep your job.

Only way Bernie saves himself is to say he had a legal homosexual relationship with Davis that went sour and is the reason for these allegations. Nothing in the tape proves that statement wrong.

Can't call kids that were child-molested liars and in it for the money and expect to keep your job.

Sadly I agree. I know many around here don't and that's fine. But JB put himself in this by opening his mouth.

I think Boehiem specifically pointed to him lying about Boehiem seeing him in the hotel room ... although he didn't come out and say that ... he should have.

Don't you understand that JB is an employee of SU? SU is in a difficult position right now. JB needs to clear anything he says with SU administration.

All Jim has to answer today is this...

1) Jim did you know about this audio tape before this morning?

2) Jim how well do you know Laurie Fine?

3) Jim would you like to take back your initial statement that this is a money grab and Davis and Lang were lying?

4) Jim at this moment have you made or know if the school has made a decision on Bernie Fine's future as a coach in light of the 3rd accuser and this audio tape?

That's it. We need to hear Jim's voice answer those questions today. They don't have to be long answers or anything, but just answers. Whether on camera or in a conference call or something. No hiding behind a written statement. Take five minutes answer those questions or something along those lines and be done with it.
That's being interviewed. Completely different from issuing a statement.

That's being interviewed. Completely different from issuing a statement.
Only an interview is the same person is asking all the questions. Meeting with 2 or 3 local reporters via conference call isn't an interview

JB shouldn't say anything right now. And he shouldn't take PR advice from people who basically said he was done at SU as soon as the Fine story broke.

Don't you understand that JB is an employee of SU? SU is in a difficult position right now. JB needs to clear anything he says with SU administration.

Exactly...He should be summarily fired if he talks without approval from Gross and Cantor. This is way bigger than JB...It's now about the University's reputation.

Jb will not lose his job over this. Why? Because this case won't be settled for a few years. that's why. If bernie is arrested, he won't go to court for about two years. syracuse would not fire jb without a guilty verdict. This isn't penn st. JB was not told that a G .A. saw bernie with a kid. Jb did not try and cover it up. He defended a friend of over 50 years.

Jb will not lose his job over this. Why? Because this case won't be settled for a few years. that's why. If bernie is arrested, he won't go to court for about two years. syracuse would not fire jb without a guilty verdict. This isn't penn st. JB was not told that a G .A. saw bernie with a kid. Jb did not try and cover it up. He defended a friend of over 50 years.

JB needs to keep his thoughts to himself unless the Administration approves. And I bet he will.

Not panicking because I have no vested interest in this other than it would be sad to watch JB and SU b'ball go down the tubes this way! But if they do life does go on for me! Just because you might not agree with me doesn't mean I should leave the forum.

For someone who has no vested interest, you sure do like to use lots of exclamation points.

Assuming JB did not know about any of this, and in light of his recent
Comment on seeing what develops its time for him to remove Fine
From the team. He can still call him his friend but a pedophile can
Not have a seat reserved for him. JB should accept Cantors actions
Which should be to fire Bernie. Bernie needs help and SU and JB
Should offer to help him. I do question if JB can survive this. JB
May have done nothing wrong except for being oblivious- which is
Not really comforting. Certainly Bernie wouldn't advertise his
Behavior but people have eyes- JB is as sharp as they come too-
He never suspected? Hmm. I truly hope not - either way it's not good.

I agree with everything except the 2 year part. Once there is/if an arrest then JB can separate himself from BF. Don't have a problem with what JB has said or done to this point...

It's too late!! JB already put himself in Bernie Fine's camp and on his side. He needs to DISTANCE himself from that as soon as possible. Hiding behind statements (probably written by lawyers) will not be good. And if Fine goes down JB will go down too. IF JB wants to save his butt, he needs to talk to a camera and take questions ASAP! Then he can not comment on it anymore if he decides. But staying quiet now isn't an option anymore.

Everyone said Day 1 JB shouldn't comment on this. JB said he is saying too much and probably shouldn't be commenting on this as much as he is. AND THIS IS WHY!! Now he opened himself up and fell on the wrong side of this. He must face the media now and take his medicine at least one more time!

And then what should he do if/when more information comes out that supports his original position? Have another press conference? Heck, why doesn't he just have a talk show every day and comment on the each day's twists and turns, (hopefully) none of which he has knowledge. It is the job of Internet forum posters to do that, not JB. He never should have said a thing to begin with, which he likely now acknowedges. The current investigations need to be conducted before he comments again.

JB's position, while not comfortable, is pretty simple. When Fine was accused JB came out and said in no uncertain words that he believed in the integrity of of his longtime coach and friend. Unless JB now KNOWS something that has made him change that stance of support he probably shouldn't be saying anything. What is he supposed to do? Mumble into the mike: "Well, gee, I don't know. Things certainly have gotten weird. Oops?"

JB backed his guy and he did it emphatically. Even if he regrets that stance now, there isn't a lot he can actually say that will help his cause.

He ran to the microphone to comment on it when the news broke. Now with a 3rd accuser and audio tape of Fine's wife he better run just as fast to the microphone and speak on it again. Otherwise it looks HORRIBLE for JB! He can't sit quietly now. Once he opened his mouth the first time, he made himself part of the story!

What's he going to say that he hasn't already said? He's already backed-off from his original statements. He's going to be part of the story, no matter what...... simply because he's the head coach and everyone, especially the press, wants him to keep talking so they can grab another sound bite to run with. And everyone (fans, press, media, school administration, etc.) knows what kind of a guy he is. He speaks his mind.....sometimes in ways that are not prudent and which rub some people the wrong way. Personally, I don't think that looks "horrible" for him.

IMO, the worst anyone can say about him, in this situation, is that he popped-off early and defended his friend and associate of many years. He is what he is and I can't condemn him for that.

When it comes to JB and this case, the only thing that is still hanging out there that could possibly implicate him in any way is the accuser's claim that JB saw him in Bernie's hotel room. As we all know, JB says he was never in Bernie's room. He may have to address that again at some point. Who knows? But for now, I can't see why he has to speak again, other than to continue answering legitimate questions as they arise, duplicative as they may be.

Not panicking because I have no vested interest in this other than it would be sad to watch JB and SU b'ball go down the tubes this way! But if they do life does go on for me! Just because you might not agree with me doesn't mean I should leave the forum.

I didn't say leave the forum. I'm saying take a little break. Get ahold of yourself then come back.

I think JB is under orders to shut up- ESPN just said that a university spokesman said that Boeheim had nbo comment. That will be the case as long as he is affiliated with the Univwerisyt- but how long will that be?

And how much did Mike Hopkins know and when did he know it?

I didn't say leave the forum. I'm saying take a little break. Get ahold of yourself then come back.
Sorry if you don't like my opinion on this topic but I'm not going to change it because YOU don't like it! The diversion that I need a break is silly.

Jimmy has been preparing up for this moment for the past several days by adding 'if new information surfaces, we'll adjust' to the end of his I support Bernie speech.

Bernie must have giving Jimmy a heads up something was coming for him to dial back.

I agree, I thought JB was pulling back the moment he said "I'm not Joe Paterno".

All 'The Tape' demonstrates is that, even though JB acts as if he knows something and he speaks on that topic strenuously, actual facts might eventually contradict him. Which, by extension, means we COULD have won "ten games without GMac."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom