Boeheim on Pitino/Lville | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Boeheim on Pitino/Lville

I was unaware of any lingering issues from the Fab Melo recruitment. The Marriage 101 comment makes sense and I wonder how much that has to do with their current relationship. I think Pitino is just trying to make the conference sound good and taking shots at the people leaving it which is normal practice in every company I've ever worked for. You always blame things on the person leaving. It just sounds a little crazy to compare Syracuse to Memphis and Temple in terms of history and current level of success.

It has been awhile since Temple was Temple. Memphis has feasted on a CUSA schedule. Also will adding those two will soften the blow, you cannot forget that the BE is also adding UCF, Houston, and SMU. If I were Pitino and saw this as my conference schedule I would be cranky too. Have fun selling that to fans and recruits.

Memphis
Temple
Cincinnati
Georgetown
Marquette
USF
Connecticut
St. John's
Rutgers
Villanova
DePaul
Seton Hall
Providence
Houston
UCF
SMU
Wow, that is a decent conference...in 1982.

Someone was posting about it last year and people said it was crazy talk...Boeheim and Pitino were great friends. I don't really know anything about their relationship status. Neither have facebooked about it lately.. :)

Their handshake last year was icy cold...

Was this the handshake after we escaped their place with a 1 point win or after we dominated them at the Dome. Either way the outcome probably is what upset the handshake.

Pitino is a greasy douche who looks like Joe Pesci's brother. I'm glad Boeheim treated him like a greasy douche. Douche.

Are the full of comments from both coaches a little more tongue and cheek (being old friends), or are they really pissed at the other?

I had respect for Pitino, hearing much more about him locally, but definitely just lost some of it. Memphis and Temple better? That's funny.

I can just hear the boos now at the Cuse-UofL game in Louisville this year. I'm sure Cuse fans will get Pitino back in Syracuse!

It has been awhile since Temple was Temple. Memphis has feasted on a CUSA schedule. Also will adding those two will soften the blow, you cannot forget that the BE is also adding UCF, Houston, and SMU. If I were Pitino and saw this as my conference schedule I would be cranky too. Have fun selling that to fans and recruits.

Memphis
Temple
Cincinnati
Georgetown
Marquette
USF
Connecticut
St. John's
Rutgers
Villanova
DePaul
Seton Hall
Providence
Houston
UCF
SMU

8 former C-USA schools. 1 A10 (2 if you count Rutgers). 6 Original BE schools.

I've loved the NBE set up and never felt that the conference was too unwieldy. Having said that, I can't imagine a worse fate for SU than to be stuck in that mess of a conference. Thank you John Swofford, Darryl Gross and Nancy Cantor.

Pitino is a greasy douche who looks like Joe Pesci's brother. I'm glad Boeheim treated him like a greasy douche. Douche.

Well said. This guy has hated Syracuse the city forever and has never been shy about expressing it to the media whether it was tongue-in-cheek or not. There has never been a coach I have despised more-including Thompson,Evans and Irish Jigging Digger

After weathering the off the court issues we faced last season when people were legitimately calling for his head, he can probably weather anything.
There was no legitimacy for callung for him to be fired. He voiced his opinon and defended his friend. I was most upset that he apologized.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

Rick has gotten real surly after SU beat L'Ville twice last season. Rick is a gracious winner...but a big sore loser. He behaved the same way with Calipari. They were friends until Cal went to UK and upstaged him. Now they're mortal enemies.

There was no legitimacy for callung for him to be fired. He voiced his opinon and defended his friend. I was most upset that he apologized.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

I used "legitimately" as a synonym for "seriously," meaning people were seriously calling for his head both on this board and in the media.

Pitino's just been trying to deflect attention from the fact that his TOP THREE PRESEASON Cardinals are the exact same team that finished 10-8 in a very mediocre Big East.

Well said. This guy has hated Syracuse the city forever and has never been shy about expressing it to the media whether it was tongue-in-cheek or not. There has never been a coach I have despised more-including Thompson,Evans and Irish Jigging Digger

Pitino enjoys him some restaurant gimmicks.

Pitino's just been trying to deflect attention from the fact that his TOP THREE PRESEASON Cardinals are the exact same team that finished 10-8 in a very mediocre Big East.

Assuming the injury bug doesn't take its toll on UofL this year, they WILL be very good, regardless of what happened last year. On paper, they are stacked. Fortunately, paper can be crumbled and shredded too.

Figured it was posted on Cardinal Authority so went over to see what they thought of this. Not many responses yet but they really don't like Boeheim or Syracuse much. Lol. Jealousy for getting invited to the ACC?

Assuming the injury bug doesn't take its toll on UofL this year, they WILL be very good, regardless of what happened last year. On paper, they are stacked. Fortunately, paper can be crumbled and shredded too.

Why? it's the same mediocre team.

Why are four weeks in March more indicative than four months?

Why? it's the same mediocre team.

Why are four weeks in March more indicative than four months?

I understand what you are saying. Here are some reasons I think they will be quite good, better in the regular season than last year, but that doesn't mean they make the FF again (anything can happen in tourney).

1) Most of the starters are good and back for another year. We use the same rationale when we assess the quality of SU's team (or any team), i.e., good players back with another year of experience. The player who will dominate most I think is Behanan. He and Dieng down low are quite formidable.

2) Blackshear will be available all season. Didn't get a chance to show too much last year, but the dude is very good.

3) Kevin Ware is another good guard who will be better this year too.

4) Luke Hancock, a transfer from George Mason, is (from what I hear) a very good player (forward) and now available.

5) Decent supporting cast.

It is true that UofL typically underachieves and gets players hurt which contributes to underachievement. But certainly, they start out this year with the "potential" to be very good, and better than last year in the regular season. Just so they are good enough to beat Cal and UK!

With that said, will SU beat them this year? I sure as heck hope so!

In this corner wearing the well chosen (by his wife) jacket & tie we have James Arthur Boeheim...and in this corner wearing the white suit & skinny bow tie we have Rick "Colonel Sanders" Pitino. "Keep it clean boys."

We will be better than UL this year. I guess college basketball is down, because neither IU or UL jump out at me. UK in the top 3 is laughable, they will struggle this year. I guess what I'm trying to say is if our players can play the way they are capable of playing by the end of the regular season, we will win the title this year. Jimmy is due for another.

Memphis and Temple are fine replacements, they will show up and fill out the schedule.:)