Boeheim Presser | Syracusefan.com

Boeheim Presser

OrangeinBoston

All Conference
This was a "disaster game." Got outrebounded by 17 which is inexcuseable at this point of the season. They play against the zone everyday and couldn't attack it. KJ bailed them out. "We won't win if we can't rebound better than that." "I'm upset with this team right now." Scoop made plays in the second half.

...not a mention about Triche...if he wasnt injured than this was the worst coached game JB played

Add to that the stall ball called with 4 minutes left that almost cost us the game. Cuse did not score in the last 4 minutes of regulation.

Add to that the stall ball called with 4 minutes left that almost cost us the game. Cuse did not score in the last 4 minutes of regulation.

They didn't score in the last 4:37 of regulation. But more importantly, they ran the shot clock down to under :10 several times before running a "play" only to have Dion and Scoop put up horrendous, off balanced 3s at the buzzer.

Now that I have seen it, I don't want the ball in Dion's hand at the end of the game against a zone.

...not a mention about Triche...if he wasnt injured than this was the worst coached game JB played
Couldnt be the worst as Jim hasn't played for many years, may have been worse but I can't recall that far back.

We WON, enough said. I'll default those decisions to the coach with the most wins at one school in the history of college division one ball.

good he should be reaming them out, need to be swarming on d every game and get after it. this team needs to get hungry again .. playing like a team that just wants to ride things out to get to the tourney.. cant do that

good he should be reaming them out, need to be swarming on d every game and get after it. this team needs to get hungry again .. playing like a team that just wants to ride things out to get to the tourney.. cant do that

Yeah they need to pick up the effort on D and on the boards. They need to understand that if they are going to win that is where it is going to happen, its not likely to be on offense unless we play someone that doesn't watch any game film.

i can't see orange all access. has not worked for me for 3 days now so i can't see pressers or player interviews...anyone else having issues?

I don't disagree that they need to play better and rebound better and keep their energy up. They seemed to turn it on when they absolutely needed to, but that is a recipe for disaster. But, Georgetown played really great defense at times, and I think that had a lot to do with our poor play.

The zone D was very good most of the game. Played with a lot of energy. Problem was allowing 23 offensive rebounds which is flat out awful and totally unacceptable. Our guys seem to have no idea of basic rebounding like anticipating where the ball will come off if the shot is missed. KJ and JS in particular have a tendency to turn and just watch the action as GT players go after the ball. Like there's a 3 second delay before they go after it. A lot rebounding, aside from knowing the angles of where the ball is likely to come off, is just desire and too many of our guys just don't seem to want it enough and shy away from contact underneath. If that doesn't change, a long run won't be in our future.

When are the mouth breathers on this board going to realize Jimmy has always & will continue to take the air out of the ball down the stretch. He's never changing so get used to it!

JImmy also stated earlier in the season that he sees Scoop as a better floor manager late in games than Triche. I whole heartedly disagree with that concept, especially since Scoops free throw percentage is lower than its ever been. That being said I don't have 880 wins and neither does anyone else on this board. Congrats Jimmy, keep them coming!

I'm glad to see JB react this way to this game even though a win is a win and I think the players should be happy to escape with the W. This is a great team with considerable room for improvement, and JB needs to do whatever he can to push these guys to reach their potential.

The rebounding must improve. The half-court offense must improve. Launching 3s with average 3 point shooters while being massively out-rebounded by a good team is a losing proposition on too many nights for comfort. If the Hoyas had shot better the outcome is probably a lot different.

Success at the end of the season can be as much about momentum as anything else. I'd love to see this team dig deep and push for better play on the boards and in the half-court offense.

Interesting how some people on here are making g-town out to be some miserable, bottom-feeding team.

Interesting how some people on here are making g-town out to be some miserable, bottom-feeding team.

But Georgetown is a miserable bottom feeding team ... critters like cat-fish, worms. and other scavengers come to mind

;)

They are a pretty good team and had a good game plan for us I thought.

the rebounding was so bad I was hoping GT would make the tail end of their 1-and-1s and spare us another 35 seconds of birdwatching.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom