Boeheim responds | Syracusefan.com

Boeheim responds

One thing that hasn't been discussed... maybe Boeheim did mean to call him an idiot and draw the ire of the press. He's done this so many times in the past and generally the team responds. It may be an oddball way of motivating the team by keeping the pressure off of them. He's a mastermind at this stuff, so I wouldn't put it past him.

regrets portion ? sounds like boeheim is talking about the self edit button.

One thing that hasn't been discussed... maybe Boeheim did mean to call him an idiot and draw the ire of the press. He's done this so many times in the past and generally the team responds. It may be an oddball way of motivating the team by keeping the pressure off of them. He's a mastermind at this stuff, so I wouldn't put it past him.
It might motivate them but I think he's pissed.

That's a pretty dick move by Katz. Don't know how anyone could defend Katz after hearing JB's reasons.

That's a pretty dick move by Katz. Don't know how anyone could defend Katz after hearing JB's reasons.
Amen to that its funny some people choose to defend Katz before hearing the details.

why not field his (katz's) question? if you find it's idiotic say so. JB was acting sophomoric and petty IMO.

It bothers me to no end people on this board can bash JB. So he didn't say hi to somebody? Are you kidding me? Look at all the good he's done, I never question his intentions even after last night. Im sure deep down inside Katz knows he's wrong.
That's why I tend to avoid the basketball board the night of a loss. All the boeheim haters come out in full force ignoring every positive aspect of his career to bash without knowing the full story. It's really shameful.

sorry to offend but JB doesn't have the right to pick and choose who covers him exclusively in the media.

Personalize it. Let's say somebody tricked you into being on TV and then maliciously tried to make you look like an idiot...hold...no wait, that's the Joe Schmo Show... try this: If you didn't have to speak to someone who'd treated you horribly, would you?

Amen to that its funny some people choose to defend Katz before hearing the details.

If I remember right, some people were defending Katz about the Southerland statement. And in the end, it wasn't about Southerland.

Sent using my Commodore 64 on Tapatalk 5.3

Nice find, CusefanATL. Boeheim was simply keeping his word not to speak to Katz again after Katz misrepresented his intent and repeatedly tried to disgrace JB and the university by trying to get a reaction out of him on camera. All the buzz was about JB's reaction to Katz last night, but after reading this it appears JB should be admired for his lack of reaction during the ambush last season.

care to link the katz calling jb an A^hole quote. sorry but some public criticism comes with the well paid job.

Katz said he did repeat the question about Fine five or six times during the interview.

"The reason I did that is because with guys like Jim Boeheim, John Calipari, Jim Calhoun they'll, say there's a certain subject they don't want to talk about and then they'll talk about it," Katz said. "If I asked it one too many times, fine, criticize me. I was just trying to see if he'd answer the question."

Or 5-6 too many times?

sorry if this has been discussed, but i didnt see it anywhere.

http://www.syracuse.com/poliquin/index.ssf/2013/02/jim_boeheim_explains_what_led.html#incart_m-rpt-2

Boeheim is the best.

It seems the use of the word idiot is what has people excited. Maybe he could have used one of the following words, but then the point might have been lost on the idiot:

shill (sh
ibreve.gif
l) Slang
n.
One who poses as a satisfied customer or an enthusiastic gambler to dupe bystanders into participating in a swindle.
v. shilled, shill·ing, shills
v.intr.
To act as a shill.
v.tr.
1. To act as a shill for (a deceitful enterprise).
2. To lure (a person) into a swindle.
Or
char·la·tan (shär
prime.gif
l
schwa.gif
-t
schwa.gif
n)
n.
A person who makes elaborate, fraudulent, and often voluble claims to skill or knowledge; a quack or fraud.

It seems the use of the word idiot is what has people excited. Maybe he could have used one of the following words, but then the point might have been lost on the idiot:

shill (sh
ibreve.gif
l) Slang
n.
One who poses as a satisfied customer or an enthusiastic gambler to dupe bystanders into participating in a swindle.
v. shilled, shill·ing, shills
v.intr.
To act as a shill.
v.tr.
1. To act as a shill for (a deceitful enterprise).
2. To lure (a person) into a swindle.
Or
char·la·tan (shär
prime.gif
l
schwa.gif
-t
schwa.gif
n)
n.
A person who makes elaborate, fraudulent, and often voluble claims to skill or knowledge; a quack or fraud.
I think he was using the word "idiot" as a polite stand in for "as shole"

wonder if he called him a peckerwood how this would have morphed?

anyone want odds that was the first and only time katz has been called a idiot? if so i gots a bridge forya and some wicked ocean front property in oklahoma

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom