Boeheim says the ACC Tournament should be in big cities | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Boeheim says the ACC Tournament should be in big cities

I work as well but asked for a couple hours to see it. Back in the Big East days it was packed all the time...didn't matter the time.

Can't walk away with my duties and size of my team despite being at company that has billions in resources.

Maybe they have and residents are hoping the ACC figures theirs out? This sort of thing would be more interesting if it were applied more evenly with issues. Anyhow, on occasion I like to point out there are other ways to look at things, both procedural and substantive.

I'm leaving all that stuff alone, but for the narrow purpose of this conversation we might see more tournaments in DC and such in the future if stances all around don't change.

remember also we're still rather new to the ACC family. you don't just show up at easter and say "ham sucks roast beef is so much tastier" even if it is the truth. they gave us 2 new york games. zip it already.
Nobody else in the ACC likes Greensboro outside of Duke and UNC. The entire city is a dump and the arena is in the middle of the hood. Not kidding there is a run down strip club two blocks from the coliseum that has a sign advertising free admission with ACC tournament ticket.

I actually felt like there wasn't that many Cuse fans at Barclay. I know it is a Noon tip on Wednesday but place was empty. It wasn't close to rocking like the BE days.

Win a game and the place fills up with Cuse fans, they expected a win. They would have come out for a night game, not that surprising to me.

Tobacco money built the ACC but those days are long gone. Greensboro is not a viable location for this current conference IMO. Corruption is probably the only reason it's still considered.

Nobody else in the ACC likes Greensboro outside of Duke and UNC. The entire city is a dump and the arena is in the middle of the hood. Not kidding there is a run down strip club two blocks from the coliseum that has a sign advertising free admission with ACC tournament ticket.
now that's my kinda town !

Win a game and the place fills up with Cuse fans, they expected a win. They would have come out for a night game, not that surprising to me.
If we were in the night session it would have been packed with SU alums/fans. The day session is always half empty because most aren't taking off from work. Too bad got the 8/9 day session -- really worked against us crowd wise.

Unfortunately, JB's remark becomes a negative in getting into the NCAAs. Emmert has probably already sent his feelings through the back door to the committee.

Zagoria is such a tool.
Perhaps.
But unfortunately he's right.

And didn't the NCAA decide to ban events in the entire State of North Carolina because of the transgender bathroom law?
So is there even the prospect of it being in Greensboro again right now?

Did they follow up and ask JB how he felt about all the FFs in the hotbed of Indianapolis?

If someone is attending the games in Brooklyn and flies back to go to a strip club, I'd let them in for free too!

is that a landing strip ? do they have to check your bag ?

Last edited:
I'd prefer JB focus on winning an ACC tournament game and not so much on where it is played.

It should be the last thing on his mind today.

Glad the tourney is in NY for 2 years. The downside is we'll probably get bounced in the second round again next year.

I actually felt like there wasn't that many Cuse fans at Barclay. I know it is a Noon tip on Wednesday but place was empty. It wasn't close to rocking like the BE days.

It makes a big difference being in Brooklyn... So many more people work in Manhattan and can swing an extra hour or two for lunch and hit up a noon game at MSG with a 10-15 minute walk/ride to the arena. You start talking about taking a cab or subway to Brooklyn and it adds an extra 20-30 minutes each way, at least.

remember also we're still rather new to the ACC family. you don't just show up at easter and say "ham sucks roast beef is so much tastier" even if it is the truth. they gave us 2 new york games. zip it already.

There's 2 major college tourneys being held in NY this week. But neither compares to the old BE tourney because, well, the world we live in.

I'm leaving all that stuff alone, but for the narrow purpose of this conversation we might see more tournaments in DC and such in the future if stances all around don't change.

Was that the DC board crew upstairs at Penn Quarter Sports Tavern today by the window?

The 6ot game. Players went out after the game and got food. Reporters went out to get food and drinks. If that had happened in Greensboro, someone would have had to knock on the mayor's door to get the key to unzip the sidewalks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom