Boeheim: This is Triche's Team | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Boeheim: This is Triche's Team

This really is the way it should be.
BT leads with his play.

A 4th year senior who's started every single game...
who plays his hardest on both ends all game long...
who plays with toughness and grit...
and does it without squawking or "incidents."

Brandon Triche is one of the easiest guys to root for.

Any team without a leader is lost: sports, military, business, etc.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

This really is the way it should be.
BT leads with his play.

A 4th year senior who's started every single game...
who plays his hardest on both ends all game long...
who plays with toughness and grit...
and does it without squawking or "incidents."

Brandon Triche is one of the easiest guys to root for.

I really don't understand how it is that so many people on this board fail to see exactly what you just said above.

MCW is the pg, but it's Triche's team. This was evident against SH when in the last 3 minutes when we went to our stall ball, it was Triche with the ball waiting for the ball screen with 10 secs left on the shot clock. He was very effective with it as well. Contrast that to MCW in stall ball against Nova. MCW is the pg and is better at pg in most situations, however in those last second shot clock high ball screen scenarios, give me Triche.

Glad to see JB made the adjustment from the Nova game

Two things:

(1) Brandon Triche is very under-appreciated, and IMO, its mostly due to his on-court demeanor. We've heard for 4 years that he "just doesn't know how good he is- needs to be more of a leader- needs more confidence- etc.". This is nothing new- & if its finally sunk in and he plays accordingly, then hallelujah!
(2) MCW's assist totals have gone down BECAUSE Triche has the ball in his hands more & is running the offense...& rightfully so. BT's handle has gotten better and he makes better decisions overall than MCW. A very subtle but brilliant coaching move from JB.

I'm hoping BT puts together a John Wallace-like leadership performance in March. If he does, the sky's the limit.

. . . And MCW, playing whatever "ceremonial pg" position he was playing, had 9 rebounds -- an interesting side benefit from Triche running the offense.-VBOF

Mcw scares the crap outta me handling the ball against pressure, he's much too nonchalant with the ball which leads to getting his pocket picked. Against tight in your face pressure D I want triche handling the ball.

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Tapatalk 2

Mcw scares the crap outta me handling the ball against pressure, he's much too nonchalant with the ball which leads to getting his pocket picked. Against tight in your face pressure D I want triche handling the ball.

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Tapatalk 2

That (nonchalant) along with his consistently high dribble.

Two things:

(1) Brandon Triche is very under-appreciated, and IMO, its mostly due to his on-court demeanor. We've heard for 4 years that he "just doesn't know how good he is- needs to be more of a leader- needs more confidence- etc.". This is nothing new- & if its finally sunk in and he plays accordingly, then hallelujah!
(2) MCW's assist totals have gone down BECAUSE Triche has the ball in his hands more & is running the offense...& rightfully so. BT's handle has gotten better and he makes better decisions overall than MCW. A very subtle but brilliant coaching move from JB.

I'm hoping BT puts together a John Wallace-like leadership performance in March. If he does, the sky's the limit.

Final sentence - hell yes. Not sure he can sustain high quality play for six games, but I'm hoping. Incredibly likable kid, and even though I tend to think people over-appreciate him, he's been a VERY solid player for four years. Would love to see him put it all together in the tourney and prove all of you that fall into #1 right!!!

Ultimately though, pretty bad assist/turnover ratio for someone people want cplaying PG. I've never noticed him being much of a creator at any stage of his time here - open court, sure (what guard isn't), but half-court sets, not so much. Also, if you're always shooting approximately the same percentage as the people the board say "can't shoot" - you probably can't shoot all that well.

So our NBA lottery pick can't be trusted to handle the ball against DI pressure. In fact, we want to defer to a guard who many would agree is a fringe NBA player. Bring on Tyler Ennis. MCW is quickly becoming this years Donte Greene, for me at least. Excited when he decided to come here. Don't really care that he is going to leave.

Two things:

We have heard that a lot but I don't know if it is true.