Boeheim: Unsportsmanlike Behavior? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Boeheim: Unsportsmanlike Behavior?

I looked around at some recent scores and the top teams have been thumping people. 40 and 50 point margins.

I did think it was total bullshit though that Triche played 30 minutes and MCW 26.

Well yea. But JB was in unfamiliar territory. A little flustered I think. SU has blown out an opposing team by over 50 points only twice before in the last 15 years.

With walk-ons like ours it would have been a slap in the face. Might as well bring the Dunk-N-Bright winner in and we'd have run up the score more.

The thing that people who say he was running it up don't understand is that three of the guys on the floor were freshmen who are just starting out their college careers and need all the experience they can get. When we get into BE play, who knows how many minutes Cooney and Grant, and even Coleman, will get when we face stiffer competition? Gotta get them their reps right now while we know we can.

Agree 100%.

No coach is going to play his walk-ons for 10 minutes, even if they're up by 100. These games are an opportunity to get young, inexperienced players minutes. The walk-ons reward if things are going well is to come in for the last 2 or 3 minutes, not to eat up PT from young scholly players who need experience. Score has nothing to do with his decision making. This article also insinuates that "bench players" = scholarship players, not walk-ons. Jackbag needed some useless drivel to fill out his irrelevent column. Pot-stirrer...

The thing that people who say he was running it up don't understand is that three of the guys on the floor were freshmen who are just starting out their college careers and need all the experience they can get. When we get into BE play, who knows how many minutes Cooney and Grant, and even Coleman, will get when we face stiffer competition? Gotta get them their reps right now while we know we can.

This was pretty much my thought as well when JB didn't put the walk-ons in with around 5 minutes to play...along with the fact that SU doesn't play another game for a week...