Boeheim's Army vs Team Gibson Gameday... | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Boeheim's Army vs Team Gibson Gameday...

I was in Charlotte for my granddaughters' AAU tournament games and saw only the ending of this game from 66 vs 90. That was the ugliest basketball I ever remember seeing.

I was in Charlotte for my granddaughters' AAU tournament games and saw only the ending of this game from 66 vs 90. That was the ugliest basketball I ever remember seeing.
Boeheims Army scored 90 points in 32 minutes. 57 between the 2nd and 3rd quarter. They were cooking for a while.

The beginning and the end sucked.

That's awesome.

So I realize I'm getting ahead of a lot of things but I truly hope we can get another natty soon enough to have JB down there to enjoy and celebrate the deserved piece of being the foundation of that success. The unlucky years due to Keith Smart , AOs injury and Fabs ordeal ... cmon karma... do your thing

First time in 8 yrs that I have been in Syracuse making the drive along the turnpike and 81. Ah yes, it seems like it was yesterday and even better to get the W. Had a chance to rap with Reds and just missed Coach after the game. Hopefully, I will see him on Wednesday.
Welcome home. BJ one of our favorites.

That's a dumb post by "Mitch Mitchell"

I actually think one of the fun / cool aspects of TBT has been that it gives some of these players a chance to don the Orange once again, and establish a deeper connection with the fanbase despite only having brief tenures during their college careers at SU.

I think it's happened for incoming grad transfers like John Gillon and Andrew White. It happened with one-and-dones like Chris McCullough. And it also applies to a player like BJ Johnson who transferred out.

Very entertaining game. The new guards are perfect for this format. I know people were raving about BJ but other than the dunk it looked to me like him and Jimmy were having a shot per minute side bet.

Kane is our MVP. He changed the tone of the game early with his D and his passing kept Rak engaged, and his energy is always on high. I thought McCullough looked slow especially compared to 99 (I think his name is Wilson). If they can get to Wednesday and have a couple of games to gel...they could make some noise.

Oh and I'm glad Andrew White made it - he is the only guy I have confidence in shooting 3.

Hey I been on this train a looooooong time
Same. Any (very) early insight as to how the staff views the competition between Westry and Bell to start? I don't see how Westry is kept off the floor, but I imagine it will have as much to do with how Judah and JJ shoot the 3 as it does with how Westry or Bell play. I'm higher on Bell than most, but I think Westry's a stud.

Very entertaining game. The new guards are perfect for this format. I know people were raving about BJ but other than the dunk it looked to me like him and Jimmy were having a shot per minute side bet.

Kane is our MVP. He changed the tone of the game early with his D and his passing kept Rak engaged, and his energy is always on high. I thought McCullough looked slow especially compared to 99 (I think his name is Wilson). If they can get to Wednesday and have a couple of games to gel...they could make some noise.

Oh and I'm glad Andrew White made it - he is the only guy I have confidence in shooting 3.
I agree, Kane is tough and he knows how to win. I am shocked when White misses.

Same. Any (very) early insight as to how the staff views the competition between Westry and Bell to start? I don't see how Westry is kept off the floor, but I imagine it will have as much to do with how Judah and JJ shoot the 3 as it does with how Westry or Bell play. I'm higher on Bell than most, but I think Westry's a stud.

Most years, Boeheim's Army does a scrimmage against the current roster, as a tune-up before the tournament begins. They usually then do an article, with the former players providing observations about the upcoming squad.

Didn't see that this year, and of all the years where it would have been insightful, this would have been the one!

Most years, Boeheim's Army does a scrimmage against the current roster, as a tune-up before the tournament begins. They usually then do an article, with the former players providing observations about the upcoming squad.

Didn't see that this year, and of all the years where it would have been insightful, this would have been the one!
Actually, glad if they didn't scrimmage this year. Lots of new pieces, without a set offensive/defensive scheme. Plus, unlike other years, a lot of non-Orange BA players.

I don’t think they’ve done this the last few years. I wonder if, with all the rule changes as far as coaches being able to work with players during the summer now, a scrimmage like this is considered illegal by the NCAA? But I agree, would have loved to hear insights about our new and returning players!

Justin Robinson is still soooo good, too. Starting PG on back-to-back top 100 Monmouth teams is crazy in hindsight.

The worst tourney snub of my lifetime in 2016, imo. Beat UCLA and Georgetown on the road and top-50 Notre Dame and USC on a neutral.

Yeah I was disappointed to not hear anything about it.

I don’t think they’ve done this the last few years. I wonder if, with all the rule changes as far as coaches being able to work with players during the summer now, a scrimmage like this is considered illegal by the NCAA? But I agree, would have loved to hear insights about our new and returning players!
They've been doing it, including last year. Not sure why it didn't happen this year (assuming it, in fact, did not happen and we're not just waiting for the write-up). Someone should ask Mike.

Actually, glad if they didn't scrimmage this year. Lots of new pieces, without a set offensive/defensive scheme. Plus, unlike other years, a lot of non-Orange BA players.
It doesn't matter if they win or lose. But it's good experience for the guys to play against grown men pros, and also great for the fans to get the Syracuse.com write-up afterwards. Usually the BA guys will say who was really good, who was surprising, etc.

Really?

Seems like they've done it every year except for this one. Or at least, that's what I recall -- I could be wrong, maybe they haven't done it in a few years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom