Boeheim's Army vs The Nerd Team Gameday... | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

Boeheim's Army vs The Nerd Team Gameday...

Agreed. I don’t mind the refs swallowing their whistle and basically making it resemble “game point” in a pickup game in the paint, during the 4th quarter. If that’s what it is….fine.

But when you have ESPN replays and technology, you have to handle dirty stuff like what Nelson did…..unless you actually want fights. Maybe they do?
The crazy thing is the Nelson thing was only one of many bush league moves by them. Right before Rak got fouled out he was attacked on both ends of the court 5 times in a row, it may have been more but I really started watching when I saw him adjusting his jersey because of a no call grabbing of him.

The crazy thing is the Nelson thing was only one of many bush league moves by them. Right before Rak got fouled out he was attacked on both ends of the court 5 times in a row, it may have been more but I really started watching when I saw him adjusting his jersey because of a no call grabbing of him.

Exactly. I thought I saw Nelson toss a hand to the face after the attempted trip too. It was on a scrum in the middle of the court...

So good that TNT likely is going to lose but still an absolute joke Nelson is playing. TBT lost a ton of respect from me.
That's too bad TBT let this one go. I guess because he didn't make contact. Still bad on their part imo. It's not like they were unaware. It was all over Twitter with their handle included.

That's too bad TBT let this one go. I guess because he didn't make contact. Still bad on their part imo. It's not like they were unaware. It was all over Twitter with their handle included.

Yep. This one is hard to swallow. He barely missed but the intent was scary bad.

I think this version of Blue Collar U would've been a very tough matchup for this year's Boeheim's Army.

Even full strength they probably get their revenge. Especially with Wiltjer bucking out and Bost being far less physical than expected.

Also Tyler Nelson can go pound salt while he kicks some sharp rocks.

It is a fair point that Ennis, Kane, Kennedy & Wiltjer were all basically DNP's on Saturday.

And the fifth starter - Christmas - was listless at best.

Not a winning combo. Team looked long in the tooth and hungover from last year's win. Took them 3.5 quarters to wake up and by that point, it was way too late.

Battle, Hughes, B. Boeheim should all be options in the years to come. That might help a little but the team needs a point guard able to do more than Ennis was capable.

Not surprisingly, what BA is missing is the exact thing that the actual Syracuse program had/has been missing.

It is a fair point that Ennis, Kane, Kennedy & Wiltjer were all basically DNP's on Saturday.

And the fifth starter - Christmas - was listless at best.

Not a winning combo. Team looked long in the tooth and hungover from last year's win. Took them 3.5 quarters to wake up and by that point, it was way too late.

Battle, Hughes, B. Boeheim should all be options in the years to come. That might help a little but the team needs a point guard able to do more than Ennis was capable.

Not surprisingly, what BA is missing is the exact thing that the actual Syracuse program had/has been missing.

Yeah. What hurt us even more is that Bost wasn't as advertised at all. I watched his highlights overseas and saw a much more physical player than what we saw in TBT. Rak was solid I thought for the most part but CMac is a better fit for what this tourney is about. Also I mean if healthy running small with Kennedy in the middle vs the smaller Nerd Team works with the other pieces too.

Yeah. What hurt us even more is that Bost wasn't as advertised at all. I watched his highlights overseas and saw a much more physical player than what we saw in TBT. Rak was solid I thought for the most part but CMac is a better fit for what this tourney is about. Also I mean if healthy running small with Kennedy in the middle vs the smaller Nerd Team works with the other pieces too.

Agree with both of you. Standard, back to the basket centers aren't of much value in TBT.

Most teams seem to have a burly 6-6 / 6-7 guy who can rebound and defend the post, but who also can shoot or face up and drive. That kid on Nerd killed us with versatility.

Also, waterbug guards are a must. Need guys who can drive, shoot, and create off the bounce. Had high hopes for Ennis, but maybe he was battling injuries which is why he looked a bit slow on Friday.

Agree with both of you. Standard, back to the basket centers aren't of much value in TBT.

Most teams seem to have a burly 6-6 / 6-7 guy who can rebound and defend the post, but who also can shoot or face up and drive. That kid on Nerd killed us with versatility.

Also, waterbug guards are a must. Need guys who can drive, shoot, and create off the bounce. Had high hopes for Ennis, but maybe he was battling injuries which is why he looked a bit slow on Friday.

Yeah- I'll add you want the small guards to be on the strong side too. Both Rice and Sykes fit this. Bost you could clearly see wasn't the right skillset and style. Morgan, with better backcourt mates I think was fine on offense. On defense though he was really bad. Matador bad and a reminder why even though he is a pro now, why he probably landed at Cornell and not a bigger school.

Yeah- I'll add you want the small guards to be on the strong side too. Both Rice and Sykes fit this. Bost you could clearly see wasn't the right skillset and style. Morgan, with better backcourt mates I think was fine on offense. On defense though he was really bad. Matador bad and a reminder why even though he is a pro now, why he probably landed at Cornell and not a bigger school.

Similar to Devo, in that regard. Fine on offense, huge liability on D.

Similar to Devo, in that regard. Fine on offense, huge liability on D.

Yep. Devo was a spot guy to give you a boost when needed in last years run and that was the most he should have been.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sdot

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom