Boeheim's Army vs The Nerd Team Gameday... | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

Boeheim's Army vs The Nerd Team Gameday...

Nope…. Can’t even bring in water bottles so no sneaking in a water bottle full of vodka…. Even tho I did watch scoop get delivered a bag of chick fil a from some someone at the entrance around halftime today
How is this legal? You should be able to bring water with you anywhere.

I used to close Romans every night with an unnamed basketball player. I never thought I’d miss Charlie and his trumpet while wearing his bicycle shorts.
Haha. “We’ve a Roman’s virgin here tonight everyone….” And the chicken dance…

I used to close Romans every night with an unnamed basketball player. I never thought I’d miss Charlie and his trumpet while wearing his bicycle shorts.

Were you there the night Benny Mardones jumped up on the bar and stated singing?

The incident reminded me off Mexico's GK trying to kick a US player after a goal back in the day.
Definitely more kick than trip.

It seemed to me the refs thought the Army had to much of an advantage home court, almost all Orange crowd and some very good players. Or do TBT rules have different interpretation of offensive and defensive fouls ?

It seemed to me the refs thought the Army had to much of an advantage home court, almost all Orange crowd and some very good players. Or do TBT rules have different interpretation of offensive and defensive fouls ?
Are there betting lines for these games?

Yeah and honestly Nelson's wind up was much more vicious than this was

That's true. Sanchez's move was almost half-hearted, almost like he regretted it mid attack. Nelson was trying to draw blood.

I was not! That had to be epic.

I'm in the back of the place, and someone jumped on the bar in front and started singing "Mighta Been Love".

I thought "that guy's pretty good, he sounds just like Benny."

I worked my way up to the front, and I'll be damned, it WAS Benny.

I suspect the 'Nerd' team's victory was what JB envisioned last year's SU team might have been able to accomplish with the Boeheims, Joe Gerard and Cole Swider on the floor at the same time. And, in fact we won 16 games doing that, including ACC games that we won by 16, 13, 22, 23, 20 and 39 points. But it's hard to play consistently when your primary means of scoring is a long outside shot.

We'll see how far the Nerds go bombing away from the arc.

I suspect the 'Nerd' team's victory was what JB envisioned last year's SU team might have been able to accomplish with the Boeheims, Joe Gerard and Cole Swider on the floor at the same time. And, in fact we won 16 games doing that, including ACC games that we won by 16, 13, 22, 23, 20 and 39 points. But it's hard to play consistently when your primary means of scoring is a long outside shot.

We'll see how far the Nerds go bombing away from the arc.
From deep...
Nerds 16/29 = 55%
Army 6/26 = 23%

3 B.A. starters hurt and probably a 4th was a no-show.

And those "refs"...

White seems like an extremely mild mannered guy.

Curious if he would’ve snapped on Nelson, if that connected.

I hope he tries that on one of those Buffalo mouthbreathers and ends up eating meals through a straw the rest of the summer.
Was more worried about injury or pain than snapping, I’m guessing he would’ve kept his cool, Devo on the other hand would’ve probably ran full court and decked him. Lol

Was more worried about injury or pain than snapping, I’m guessing he would’ve kept his cool, Devo on the other hand would’ve probably ran full court and decked him. Lol
And that basically would’ve been the greatest TBT moment of all time.

Hey, they don’t call fouls and they don’t suspend guys for trying takeout slide kicks….they’re basically asking for someone to come off the bench Greg Anthony style.

And that basically would’ve been the greatest TBT moment of all time.

Hey, they don’t call fouls and they don’t suspend guys for trying takeout slide kicks….they’re basically asking for someone to come off the bench Greg Anthony style.

Exactly. TBT had been a lot of fun. I have a hard time patronizing something after that though. They are asking for it..

Exactly. TBT had been a lot of fun. I have a hard time patronizing something after that though. They are asking for it..
Agreed. I don’t mind the refs swallowing their whistle and basically making it resemble “game point” in a pickup game in the paint, during the 4th quarter. If that’s what it is….fine.

But when you have ESPN replays and technology, you have to handle dirty stuff like what Nelson did…..unless you actually want fights. Maybe they do?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom