Boise St and Air Force could join Big East next year... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Boise St and Air Force could join Big East next year...

Not going happen. You will see. Times have changed. There's going to be a big-time program in the NY area. Is it Syracuse? Is it Rutgers? Is it UConn? All of them are trying to be the one. Rutgers and UConn have a better advanaged over SU, which is why SU is trying to leverage the ACC thing against both schools. But I don't think it will work in the long run.

You're overestimating the importance of Rutgers -- period. Again, if the ACC added ND and Uconn and Rutgers played in the NBE, nobody would bat an eye and the NY market would be covered. We're not talking about an irreplaceable type school here.

That said, of course they could land somewhere if things, but its not a 100% stone cold lock as you keep implying

Wow. I don't know what to say. I expected more from this crowd. Everyone is trying to bury UConn and Rutgers but, hey, folks, that's not happening. Both will survive. They're both prominet eastern schools. They're not going to some jackass conference. Wake up! We may gain some immediate benefits, but both programs will land in a prominent conference in the long run. It's a matter of when not if.
i agree 100% when you cut through the smoke and get to the bare bones, which cuseguy did, he is absolutely on target. i still think ru to big 10 at the end of the day. despite what this board thinks---they have the resources and profile. post all you want on the abusive athletic spending at ru, it hasn't fazed anything and they continue to spend. even the govenor of nj stated that that they are now too deep in developing a major athletic program, that it is to late to turn back. you can't get any better backing than that. in essence they will go forward.

Apparently Boise and AFA aren't a done deal. I was reading a Mountain West board trying to make sense of this MWC-CUSA thing, and just about everyone on that board is convinced Boise and AFA will turn down the BE.

If the 22 member conference thing works and they are able to retain Boise St, that conference may take the BCS bid the BE now has. I think the best case scenario for the BE is to get a playoff game with the champion of the CUSAMWC for that BCS slot.

Everything that can go wrong has gone wrong for the Big East. The death spiral continues. I feel bad for WVU, UConn and even Rutgers fans. No one deserves this fate.

Not going happen. You will see. Times have changed. There's going to be a big-time program in the NY area. Is it Syracuse? Is it Rutgers? Is it UConn? All of them are trying to be the one. Rutgers and UConn have a better advanaged over SU, which is why SU is trying to leverage the ACC thing against both schools. But I don't think it will work in the long run.
I'm not so sure. Look at how much opposition a team like Missouri is getting from the Big Ten and SEC. There is no doubt that Mizzou brings a better major sports product than Rutgers and it also gets you a new market (st louis).

Now imagine the opposition Rutgers is going to get, expecially with a research project that shows that adding Rutgers gets you next to nothing in NYC. It is gonna be one helluva a sell job by Delany to get Rutgers enough votes.

The only chance in my mind, is if they are literally the leftover team with the B1G sitting at 14 teams and need to get to 16. But who's to say at that point, colleges just don't stop at 12 or 14. I think they are in deep deep doo doo.

Better advantaged? Time to get a new script on those glasses buddy. Syracuse doesn't need to TRY and leverage anything. Those two schools have severe shortness of breath right now. If you don't think a Cuse coach is sitting more comfortably in a recruit living room right now than your two schools, then you just don't understand

Wow. I don't know what to say. I expected more from this crowd. Everyone is trying to bury UConn and Rutgers but, hey, folks, that's not happening. Both will survive. They're both prominet eastern schools. They're not going to some jackass conference. Wake up! We may gain some immediate benefits, but both programs will land in a prominent conference in the long run. It's a matter of when not if.

Which conference is taking them?Haven't seen anything suggesting the B1G is considering further expansion.I guess they could hold on to the pipedream that ND could someday be forced into a conference and that the B1G ends up being the one.They're not going to just expand because RU needs a home.

Unless the SEC grabs a ACC school to get to 14,the ACC has little if anything to gain from further expansion so their chances there are slim at best,imo.

Wasn't part of Texas agreeing to TCU that the B12 wouldn't go past 10?If so that leaves the B12 out.

Are they going to the SEC? the PAC 12?

I would say they have a much better chance of ending up in "some jackass conference"than getting into any of the AQ conferences.No one is obliged to take them and no one is going to if they don't think they bring significant value. UCONN has JC and Geno.RU has?

Which conference is taking them?Haven't seen anything suggesting the B1G is considering further expansion.I guess they could hold on to the pipedream that ND could someday be forced into a conference and that the B1G ends up being the one.They're not going to just expand because RU needs a home.

Unless the SEC grabs a ACC school to get to 14,the ACC has little if anything to gain from further expansion so their chances there are slim at best,imo.

Wasn't part of Texas agreeing to TCU that the B12 wouldn't go past 10?If so that leaves the B12 out.

I would say they have a much better chance of ending up in "some jackass conference"than getting into any of the AQ conferences.No one is obliged to take them and no one is going to if they don't think they bring significant value. UCONN has JC and Geno.RU has?

Agree. Not sure what world he lives in. Prominent Eastern schools? LOL. Both starting paying attention to FB in 2000. No one gives a rats ass about either school. Including the people in their own states. If ND decides to join a conference then one of them could be saved. If 4 sixteen conferences ever happen then maybe both are saved. But anything less and both will be left out. Neither really offers a damn thing. Remember that last year there was talk of KANSAS getting left out. We are talking about Kansas here.

Good post. As I said yesterday, there isn't a conference out there that is going to hand out pity bids just for the hell of it. Rutgers and Uconn spent most of its football existence playing D-IAA ball. College football somehow survived. Neither school is guaranteed a thing going forward

There hasn't been a big time program in the NYC areas since the 50s. RU is as small time as it gets and people in NY dislike everything Jersey. They will never get behind RU. UConn has zero influence in NYC. And I am talking about the BBall team.

Andy Katz reporting that Air Force has soured on the Big East.
Boise St. holds the key to if BE football lives or dies. If Boise St. accepts, then all the others will accept too. Because retaining the AQ depends on bringing in Boise's BCS points. If Boise declines, most of the others will decline...except maybe UCF since they have wanted the BE desperately for a long time.

the mountain usa conf has effectivly killed the bigeast.

the war is over johnny, you can go home now.....

Agree. Not sure what world he lives in. Prominent Eastern schools? LOL.
I got a kick out of that line too.I guess I should thank him for that.I have to wonder where someone's head is at when they tell everyone to "wake up"to their fantasy world.