Boise State to Big East Actually On Tap? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Boise State to Big East Actually On Tap?

Talk about oil and water. It'll be the Mormons versus The Catholics.

BYU competes in the West Coast Conference for all sports other than football, in which the other eight teams consist of seven Catholic schools and one Churches of Christ school. We, Catholics, and the Mormons are both looked upon eith disdain by the fervent non-denominational Evangelical churches, so we have that in common. The alcohol thing might be an issue though.

If Boise can get to the BCS on their own, (as TCU also did), what do these school get from joinging a "BCS" conference? I guess they get into the BCS if they can win the conference title even in an off year but do they get to keep as much money as they would have outside of the BCS conference?

In a confere.-They can get into BCS with losses. As is, its undefeated or nothing

If Boise can get to the BCS on their own, (as TCU also did), what do these school get from joinging a "BCS" conference? I guess they get into the BCS if they can win the conference title even in an off year but do they get to keep as much money as they would have outside of the BCS conference?

Also depends on the conference revenue sharing. The B1G, for instance, pools all of the conference's bowl revenues, pays the costs of the member institution playing in the game, and then distributes the remaining monies the members equally. Therefore, B1G teams like Minnesota who do not make bowl games still benefit from the BCS monies.

I believe the ACC has a similar system in place, but I am not sure. I seem to recall Miami using this as an excuse for leaving the BE.

A likely guaranteed TV contract bump of up to $8M a year once the BE strikes a new deal.

Better TV exposure.

More exposure in Eastern markets.

something unique about b10
they take a % of revenueand use it to have classes/degree programs that an individual school doesnt enough resources and/or students interested to offer it.

One class name: was something like Czech authors 1960-1970 and the effect of communist policy of that era.