Bonnies Coach interviews for Pit job | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Bonnies Coach interviews for Pit job

Actulally it does have a lot to do with St Bona. Just like being at SU had a lot to do with JB staying there. From all accounts, Schmidt loves it at Bona. He's paid between $850,000 and $900,000 which goes a very long way there. And I heard he did interview for th BC job. So its not his first chance and if he continues to do well at Bona it won't be his last chance a a P5 job. The article I read said the Pitt job is not desirable. The program is a mess, not much in the way of players, now on the bottom rung of the ACC.
He's been at SBU something like 11 seasons. Besides his alma mater, where else has his name been linked?

He's been at SBU something like 11 seasons. Besides his alma mater, where else has his name been linked?

He's really comfortable at Bonas. The only job I think he'd be interested in is BC (alma mater), Pitt (wife is from Pittsburgh, still has family there, and they met there), and Xavier (he was an assistant under Prosser). I'm sure he'd love the Xavier job, but I am assuming they are looking for a bigger name.