Bonnies Loss Aging Well | Syracusefan.com

Bonnies Loss Aging Well

CuseCPT

All Conference
They've rattled of 8 wins in a row, including ending Rhode Island's unblemished conference run, and are sitting at 20-6. Obviously beating them would have been better, but if you're going to lose to them, this looks like a good year to do it. Hopefully they continue to win.

They've rattled of 8 wins in a row, including ending Rhode Island's unblemished conference run, and are sitting at 20-6. Obviously beating them would have been better, but if you're going to lose to them, this looks like a good year to do it. Hopefully they continue to win.

They are right on the bubble, and one spot above us on the matrix. If they take one crappy A-10 loss we are arguably well ahead of them.

Whatever side of the bubble they are on (9 seed or NIT), the committee will not really have a different view of the result. Might as well make it the NIT.

Our RPI is not something that will hold us back either. At the end of the day there are zero benefits from St Bonaventure not slipping up a bit.

Last edited:
Rhode Island gave that game away. A10 isn't as good as it looked to be.

I agree with you. They're well on their way to getting into the tournament so might as well have that loss be seen in the best light possible.

Any additional Quadrant 1 wins would be valuable at this point particularly with Buffalo dropping to Q2.

It was an and 1 for Oshae. Unreal how it is a charge to end that game. Would have been a nice win.

Dude missed a wide open layup at the end of regulation so i dont blame the refs.

It was an and 1 for Oshae. Unreal how it is a charge to end that game. Would have been a nice win.
Dude missed a wide open layup at the end of regulation so i dont blame the refs.
Missing a shot at the end of regulation may have been disappointing, but at least the players determined the outcome. Having an overtime bucket overturned by horrible officiating - a flop called by a ref' who couldn't even see the play - was flat out incompetence. Worst call this year IMO.

Missing a shot at the end of regulation may have been disappointing, but at least the players determined the outcome. Having an overtime bucket overturned by horrible officiating - a flop called by a ref' who couldn't even see the play - was flat out incompetence. Worst call this year IMO.

if the player makes the shot (a layup) it doesn't go to OT and the call never happens.

if the player makes the shot (a layup) it doesn't go to OT and the call never happens.
Players miss shots. It was actually Tyus who missed the shot in regulation - and he was fouled 4 times on the way to the hoop. I didn't have a problem with that -- the players determined the game. Overtime was another story. The "charge" call was ridiculous, incompetent in my judgment. The kid who flopped was a secondary defender . He slid and then fell over, even though he was hardly touched by Oshae, who went to the side of him. And even if there was substantial contact (which there wasn't) -- YOU DON'T CALL THAT IN THE FINAL SECONDS. Let the players play, just as they did in regulation. It's that simple.

I can’t even keep track of how many college hoop games have been ruined by that call being screwed up. Unbelievable.

As far as I'm concerned, we get the call in the final four against Michigan and we win...so now that Louisville is now longer official, TIME TO HANG THAT BANNER

Any additional Quadrant 1 wins would be valuable at this point particularly with Buffalo dropping to Q2.

Except we loss bonaventure .

I thought they peeked after winning their Super Bowl on 12/22?

I thought they peeked after winning their Super Bowl on 12/22?

The conference has two tournament teams at best right now. That says it all about the level of competition.

Players miss shots. It was actually Tyus who missed the shot in regulation - and he was fouled 4 times on the way to the hoop. I didn't have a problem with that -- the players determined the game. Overtime was another story. The "charge" call was ridiculous, incompetent in my judgment. The kid who flopped was a secondary defender . He slid and then fell over, even though he was hardly touched by Oshae, who went to the side of him. And even if there was substantial contact (which there wasn't) -- YOU DON'T CALL THAT IN THE FINAL SECONDS. Let the players play, just as they did in regulation. It's that simple.

brissett missed the layup after getting the rebound. it was wide open. he rushed it as a frosh, but should've been made.

I get the bubble arguments, but hell, if we are going to get in the tournament it should be because we earn our ticket there, not because we need an A10 school to stumble.

new york's college team !

I get the bubble arguments, but hell, if we are going to get in the tournament it should be because we earn our ticket there, not because we need an A10 school to stumble.

That will have to wait for another year. For this year, just scratching and clawing our way into a bid would be a big success. If it means St. Bonaventure has to lose to Duquesne so be it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom